The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Sunday was good. Nothing special, but it was good.

Today, I'm back at work booo. Suffering the CBA's, and possibly the early early signs of a cold. I'm not impressed with that.
    Retard minion is off on holiday this week (hallelujah!) but my other minion doesn't start until 2pm, so I imagine it's going to be a busy one.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Morning all,
    Struggling a bit this morning, could probably have done with a bit more kip. Woke up with a start at about 5am when I stubbed my toe on the radiator. I wouldn't mind but I was still in bed and had kicked out at something in a dream. Good job I wasn't facing the Mrs. She then woke up because I was giggling at my own stupidity. Quite a pleasant wobble in to work has been had, it felt remarkably warm for a change. Now I have the joy of customers and work. But first a cup of tea and some bourbons.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Monday :(

Off for 9 days from Friday, so needless to say roll on Friday!
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,
    Rough sleep last night can only mean one thing, it's Monday. Fortunately I'm not back at work until next Monday so it's all good. Today I'll be driving 200 miles over about 5 hours. That's all.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Shizzle my nizzle homies!

Weekend of airport transfers where poor communication of certain events led to stress, which i don't really do! T0sspots!

Anyhoo, into the last week of guests in the chalet before the big clean up and depart which has been a long time coming, great fun doing a ski season but it's incredibly hard work, which i don't really do.

Got a free concert at a local establishment this wednesday with a couple of blokes called Danny Howard and Chicane, apparently they are adept at pressing play on a generic music storage device! Might even be broadcast on't wireless!

Anyway must go, slopes to ski, boarders to abuse etc

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning fudgers,

Nice weekend with much pedalling Saturday in the glorious sun an Sunday spent creating space in the man cave an messing with the bikes. Back to reality this week, full five days of trying to work out what to do an wishing I wasnt here.

In other news Coffee machines on the blink which makes the days even longer.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Email server seem to on strike today so I had to ask a customer to send a fax.

WHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    'sup bumders

So, I've moved to Wales from the Midlands and become addicted to The Archers... just need to murder a few hookers and I'll have pretty much turned into Gaz.

Anyway, today will be faffing at work waiting to go home and find out whether Helen has actually killed Rob...

TTFN
  • oodboo
    Angry Bird wrote:
    So, I've moved to Wales from the Midlands and become addicted to The Archers... just need to murder a few hookers and I'll have pretty much turned into Gaz.
    Do you also have perfect hair?

Strava
  • step83
    Evening update as im here till 9PM, coffee machine is alive turns out it ran out of milk, never knew it was proper liquid stuff!
    Currently arguing with someone via email about an excel file they cant load. Its 300 odd megabytes an apparently worked on Friday...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Evening Mongs,

Busyish day as its our year end reporting season. The worst will be later this week, pity because the office hottie has organised after work drinks and invited a load of former office hotties back. Late appearance when they've all had a skinfull os needed I reckon :)

Onwards to dinner...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Angry Bird wrote:
    'sup bumders

Anyway, today will be faffing at work waiting to go home and find out whether Helen has actually killed Rob...

TTFN

Not yet
  • thekickingmule
    Tuesday

Morning Losers!

I woke feeling a little ill, and not sure how I felt. About 15 minutes later, I gave out what could have been a record fart and now I feel fine.

Today will be the same as yesterday. I have to do a minions appraisal today, I hate doing them.

Tonight, more mixing of Saturday's wedding, then a nice walk I think. Might get out if I have time too.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    Working from home today as the family are still away, so should get loads done

Later is the pub for dinner as I owe next door a meal, as he treated me last night
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Even though I'm off work this week I still just want to quite my job and ride my bike instead. Unfortunately I've got kids and bills to stop that from happening.
    Not much happening today, off to the shops in a bit. Might go for a pint later if I can talk the missus into it.
    Laters

Strava
  • thekickingmule
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning,
    Even though I'm off work this week I still just want to quite my job and ride my bike instead. Unfortunately I've got kids and bills to stop that from happening.
    I'm in work, and if I could, I quit and buy a farm and just spend the rest of my days as far away from people as possible. I like animals, they don't bother you in the same way and are fairly predictable.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • step83
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning,
    Not much happening today, off to the shops in a bit. Might go for a pint later if I can talk the missus into it.
    Laters

Honestly, im feeling like that too, but I have no kids or a missus, just bills to pay.

Stomach isnt happy today im guessing its the yogurt I had yesterday had an urge to have one despite being lactose sensitive, much regret on that today.
    So far today weve had a meeting about a computer which long story short basically proves we have idiots for engineers.

Slight update, someone decided to setup a grand national sweepstake, Ive pulled Third intention which after a quick google, isnt even running :| calling shenanigans on this one now
  • veronese68
    Day off work today, took the female child to see a private neurologist up in town. Fook me that was an expensive outing, not least because I found out someone has nicked the satnav out the car sometime since Christmas. Good news is we may have worked out what's wrong with the girl, no quick fix though. Part of it involves me buying a turbo trainer which is pretty bizarre. Should I claim they only come with new bikes?
  • Stevo_666
    Evening Tards,

Busy day at work and some vigorous pedalling has knackered me out. Just enjoying a bit of Absolut to help me sleep.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo doesn't help that I'm pissed via the local
  • thekickingmule
    Wednesday

Morning Losers!

I slept well, just not enough I think.
    Did the minion's appraisal yesterday, went well. I've decided I don't like doing them, as it's difficult trying to be positive in that workplace. I went for a decent walk last night, and the legs feel like they've had some good exercise, so hopefully I can get them used to working again.

Today, more of the same really. I'm enjoying working by myself for most the day, it's encouraging to know that I am good working by myself, it makes me more suited for farm life!

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    Meh - good sleep but too much ale means it's going to be a long day.

Had fun last night with a pal exploring the woods at the back of the house, there is some decent bits. Played a blinder and put the bike straight into the car so I haven't got any excuses not to go to Llandegla on the way home

But tonight I'm determined to not eat in the local and get hissed again
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Sounds like it :)
  • veronese68
    Good moaning,
    Woken up early after a poor night's kip by the neighbour's kids yelling. I think I may have to kill them all. Don't need to look very far to see why the kids keep wailing, we can hear the mother yelling at them to stop crying. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know yelling at a kid to stop crying will only make them cry more.
    Managed to wobble in to work against a bit of head wind, being knackered meant it felt like a gale to me. Lots of work emails to catch up on after a day off yesterday, deep joy. Pub later should help me recover.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Day off for this seasonaire and i blimmin need it.

Out later to listen to some Dj types and maybe a couple of pints.

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    Afternoon,
    Day started well enough, got up and out for a ride at 5am. Not sure why that early but anyway. Got back home to find my new Imac had been delivered, bonus. Now I've transferred my photos into photos and I can't find them to put them in Lightroom, d'oh. Much head scratching will be done as I try to find them.
    Laters

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Well that was a bit of a **** of a day. Year end bollox and more to come. I need a drink...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

got to integrate with the locals
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

High 6 ?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

High 6 ?

Ish, either that or buy a plane as they all seem to have one - poor farmers my Arsenal