Anticipating this years first race...

daddy0
daddy0 Posts: 686
edited April 2016 in Amateur race
I took the plunge and entered a circuit race for this Saturday. Now every time I think about it I get butterflies and my heart starts going mad! Anyone else get this?

I had a winter of illness, and although my fitness seems to be back I'm still not 100%. On top of this a few days before the race I have got a bit of a head cold. I am more anxious than I was before my first race last year! I guess I know how much its going to hurt this time?

Comments

• steve55
    steve55 Posts: 19
    Know exactly this feeling. I was the same anticipating a crit at Stratford last year. Ultimately, it was the signing on which was the watershed moment - my approach to then dealing with it was to tell a few mates I was doing it so I couldn't back out! Reverse psychology I guess ....

Perhaps the other way to look at the butterflies is imagine how dull life would be without doing stuff like this?

Hope it goes well for you tomorrow.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Early season frenzy on a tight circuit??... yup be afraid.
    Hopefully not too many choppers out there for you.
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    Cheers peeps.

It went OK, a couple of crazies and a few crashes, but I stayed upright, just. Managed 8th place, and should've done better really so happy with that.

If you're really bored or can't sleep heres my blog:
    https://cyclejames.wordpress.com/2016/04/02/crits-at-the-park-1-242016-3rd-cat-race-report/