The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning fung tards,

Today is planning where to ride for the weekend, and shopping for food! very limited fun for today but good fun for the weekend I hopes.

Tada
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Fridays Snack Of The Day is carrot sticks.

Seriously, WTF!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Seriously, WTF!

Im debating what cake to get today. Nil motivation here, asked the guy next to me hes the same. can see today being a long day
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Just finished up with a concreting company today..... Start a new job on Monday doing dirty great civil works involving 70t excavators and the like... So.......... Win! :D:D
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Step83 wrote:

Seriously, WTF!

Im debating what cake to get today. Nil motivation here, asked the guy next to me hes the same. can see today being a long day
    Has to be carrot cake.

Morning,
    Suppose I should get up soon, got more to do when I'm off than when I'm at work. None of it is stuff I want to do though.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Still no computer system, very dull. I've now had 4 cups of tea and an espresso. When the system does come back on line I'm going to have to keep going for a pee. No dead piggy for lunch as it's POETS day and I'm clearing off at 3:30. Carrot cake, now there's an idea. Might stroll up to Gregg's and see what's on offer.
  • homers_double
    LBS visit on the way home, might discuss some options with them in secret.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    oodboo wrote:
    Has to be carrot cake.

Morning,
    Suppose I should get up soon, got more to do when I'm off than when I'm at work. None of it is stuff I want to do though.
    Laters

Im in a glutenous mood, can I have that an something else as well?

I no longer go to greggs after they stopped doing pies. Its like a really crap protest.
  • veronese68
    Computer system is up I've just been told. Except I can't get into the sales processing bit. FFS! :twisted:
  • homers_double
    Rain has almost stopped but it's dropped about 5 or 6 degrees outside.

Looks like a full winter wardrobe is called for this aft.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    No carrot cake to be seen in the shops. Ended up with a huge Bakewell tart from a local macintyre bakery. Im now going to slowly slip into a sugar induced coma for the rest of the afternoon.
  • veronese68
    Computer system finally got going shortly after my last moan. Not surprisingly I've been pretty busy since then. Anyway, I should be out of here in about an hour and the sun is shining. Haven't had cake though, plenty of time to rectify that.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    At least Uncle Mule has told us what day it is. I'm off home to chill out hopefully. May buy some shiny things on Chain Reaction if I can be arsed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Yeah Saturday

I've not had enough sleep :(

Today will keep me busy though, as the current wife is going out with friends for a boozy afternoon, so I've now got 5 rugrats to look after :) So lots of time in the woods making dens and rope swings, then off to the park to play on the BMX track (would be rude not to play myself).

Later is friends over for dinner, thankfully the wife has already prepared it

right, time for more work
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Wedding day today, not mine. Been up since half 4 with my son so really CBA already. Bad bacon butty has been forced down and now it's time to find a cup of tea.
    Laters

Strava
  • tlw1
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning,
    Wedding day today, not mine. Been up since half 4 with my son so really CBA already. Bad bacon butty has been forced down and now it's time to find a cup of tea.
    Laters

can't beat a decent wedding, especially if they aren't tight with the ale :)
  • oodboo
    TLW1 wrote:
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning,
    Laters

I'm driving, no beers for me :(

Strava
  • tlw1
    oodboo wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning,
    Laters

I'm driving, no beers for me :(

fail
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning,
    Laters
    It's not in Manchester is it?

Morning Losers!

I'm up and dressed in my suit as I'm off to a wedding! I'm not a guest though, I'm being paid to be there to record it. Quite looking forward to it, as it's simplish and good money.

After that, mixing the recording then relaxing.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    If nobody had written what day it is would Stevo have panicked and gone into work?
    Morning all,
    Slow start about to be followed by a few odd jobs. Not much planned for the day so who knows where I'll end up.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    If nobody had written what day it is would Stevo have panicked and gone into work?
    Morning all,
    Slow start about to be followed by a few odd jobs. Not much planned for the day so who knows where I'll end up.
    Onwards and upwards...
    Oh sh1t, better go home, I thought it was a bit quiet today...

Productive day with quite a few jobs done, even managed to go for a run with Stropteen in tow before the rain arrives - and I'm still faster than her :) Chelski got a good result as well so a good day so far. Vodka later - Waitrose had a special on Absolut.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oodboo
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning,
    Laters
    It's not in Manchester is it?

Morning Losers!

I'm up and dressed in my suit as I'm off to a wedding! I'm not a guest though, I'm being paid to be there to record it. Quite looking forward to it, as it's simplish and good money.

After that, mixing the recording then relaxing.

Laters!
    Wallasey. I just want to go home now.

Strava
  • thekickingmule
    Gutted. Should have come to the one I went to, the father of the bride is clearly loaded and I imagine they're having the most amazing evening right now.

He 'accidentally' paid me £100 too much! I'm not sure whether to point it out to him or not.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • thekickingmule
    Sunday

Morning Losers!

Tis a bit grim outside today. Normal Sunday shenanigans for me, with a bit of mixing thrown in. The sooner I get this music sent to the client, the better, as they I can stop worrying about it and start enjoying his money.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Wedding was alreet I suppose, would've been better with beer but you can say that about most things. Don't know what today holds, hopefully not another bacon sandwich though. I think I'll start with a cup of tea.
    Laters

Strava
  • veronese68
    Morning all,
    Traditional slow start has been had. Tea and biscuits have been consumed. Need to load the car up with all the rubbish from the garden and go to the dump now. Off to the 'rents for a late lunch after that. Pub later is looking likely.
  • M9DBO
    M9DBO Posts: 175
    Was fully intending to get out on the bike this morning. However, I started stripping 10 year old wallpaper off the Living Room walls yesterday and moving all of the furniture around. So this morning I have now got a "hardly able to walk" bad back!! and the sun has just come out. Seriously?.
    I am the Orange stereotype and loving it.
  • Stevo_666
    Afternoon Mongs,

Been to Waitrose to get my free coffee and eyeful of Sunday assistants :) Now about to stuff my face before doing some Dads tax work - unpaid of course. Busy week looming ahead...
  • tlw1
    Early start doing some work ready for next week was followed by sorting fire wood out for 4hrs - should do for a while

Then went off to a pool with the kids, now time for the pub for food
  • tlw1
    Monday!

Pub was good yesterday so I might as well go tonight too - obviously i don't want to but the family are away so I need to find food and the neighbour is on his own too

First I've got a day in Birmingham to survive