Shades for narrow heads

dstev55
dstev55 Posts: 742
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
As the title says I'm after some new eyewear that will fit my narrow head. I've tried Oakley's and they stick out at the sides and look ridiculous. I currently wear Bolle Safety Glasses that fit me nicely and don't stick out but I fancy something a bit nicer. Any suggestions?

Comments

• mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    What happened to your head??
  • N1TRO
    N1TRO Posts: 103
    I'd sooner say the frames you tried were a bit edgier than your head being that irregularly proportioned. Just go to where ever you buy your shades and try on different pairs. I've been wearing glasses nearly all my life and never heard they had special ones for people with excessively narrow heads.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    Check out Tifosi. Some of their offerings might be a suitable width for you. I've had their Czar and Envy models. I lost the Envy some years ago, and am still angry about it.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    SCR Pedro wrote:
    Check out Tifosi. Some of their offerings might be a suitable width for you. I've had their Czar and Envy models. I lost the Envy some years ago, and am still angry about it.

Thanks, I'll take a look at them.

As for the other replies, I'm not looking for glasses designed for people with a narrow head, however some fit better than others. It's always been a problem for me, 90% of glasses I try on stick out at the side and look ridiculous.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Some of the oakleys are designed to stick out the sides - especially the M Frames. Its how they stay on so well.

TBH - if you're cycling - who is looking at you head on, clad in lycra, pedalling like Billy-O and wearing a mushroom on your head and going 'he'd look cool if not for the sticky out glasses".....

:-)
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    I have quite a narrow bonce, and yes some of the Oakleys look wide on me - but I do have a pair of Flak Jackets, which seems to have a narrower profile than Radar or Jawbreakers for example.

http://uk.oakley.com/en/shop-by-sport-r ... ad-cycling