On One Dee Dar??

careca78
careca78 Posts: 102
edited April 2016 in MTB general
Hello All

Does anyone know anything about this:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/DBCL000191/ ... decal---x5

There’s not much information in the website, but having a 456 Evo 2 myself and being quite happy with it, along with a lot of 26er spare parts, I tend to find this very interesting!!

If it addresses some of the 456 Evo 2 weaker points like weight, tapered fork compatibility, steeper seat tube angle/slacker headtube, lower BB, longer top tube and a smoother ride then I think I would want one (N+1)

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    In the usual OnOne fashion they make the page impossible to get much info out of - something they really need to sort out, a lot of the website is basically, well, crap. Did you manage to find the geo/weight/spec?
  • supersonic
    Good name though! Dat dare bike is dee dogs, dar knows. A dee dar, or deedah (if anyone is wondering), is what Barnsley people call Sheffielders.
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    on one are based in sheffield is it?

They don't list any info on the frame or bike, it's listed like an old stock leftover, but looks like a new one off bike?
    Don't know but if it's longer and lower than a 456 evo 2 I am interested even if it's an outdated 26er!
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    supersonic wrote:
    Good name though! Dat dare bike is dee dogs, dar knows. A dee dar, or deedah (if anyone is wondering), is what Barnsley people call Sheffielders.

Let's hope they don't bring out a "dingle" version! Lol.
  • supersonic
    ;-)

OnOne (planet x) have a store in Sheffield, and also one in Worsborough (Barnsley) - so the name did amuse!

I think it is a one off. When I went to their warehouse sale they had all sorts of weird and wonderful prototypes. Some frame, some full builds - and quite a bit of rubbish too.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    supersonic wrote:
    A dee dar, or deedah (if anyone is wondering), is what Barnsley people call Sheffielders.
    Is that because they are all being followed by Cop Cars (thinking old two-tones obviously)?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • supersonic
    There is that as well, but Sheffielders, especially the central and southern ones say Dee for thee, and dar for thar. Which is then Barnsley for you/you are. Barnsley people also call people cock, love, duck and shag. All meant nicely!
  • careca78
    The bike is no longer available.... it seems someone must have bought it.
    If the buyer is out there and reading this, please share some info.
  • careca78
    Just got this answer from On One:

“The Dee Dar on the clearance section of the website was a one-off prototype. However, we are hoping to launch the bike in the coming months.
    There will be full specs and details when it goes live on the website.”

Sounds good to me… 26ers will be great again!! :D
  • supersonic
    I think they need to release a long travel aluminium frame to compliment the steel frames (and the carbon). At the minute all there is is the Parkwood. I'd be very interested in a 150mm compatible alu frame.
  • Herdwick
    Thanks for your email.

The Dee Dar featured on the website was a one-off that had been used a prototype.

However, it is being launched as one of our new Mountain bike range in the coming months.

The full details of specs and geometry measurements will be available when it is launched online.

Regards

This is what they said to me, it is being LAUNCHED ...
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • paul1987
    paul1987 Posts: 14
    I brought this bike last night and got £200 off

Will I be the first to have this bike then?

Brought it blind without knowing specs so a big gamble. it does look good

I'm hoping it isn't going to be to heavy

Hopefully it isn't a lemon lol

It has just been despatched so should be here by the bank holiday weekend

I will try and take some photos this weekend

I live 2 miles away from the new project 417 trail centre that opened last week. So this will be a good test as they have 3 downhill tracks
  • supersonic
    It looks to have the same spec as their X5 equipped OnOne inbreds - but let us know!
  • Herdwick
    Let us know how it rides, angles, head tube type takes tapered fork etc, I tried to visit the page and gave me a 404 lol!!!

Wish you to be the bargain buy of the year 8)
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    Sure a guy on our local Facebook group built one of these up a couple of weeks.
    supersonic wrote:
    deedah (if anyone is wondering), is what Barnsley people call Sheffielders.

and what people from Chezvegas call us as well :roll:
  • paul1987
    Its here.

I have just took it out of the box and haven't done nothing to it yet.

I cant believe how light it is for a steel frame (if it is a steel frame)

I have tried to weigh it with 2 different luggage scales and both came out at 12.5 kg. Don't count on it as it maybe a bit heavier. There's no pedals or air in the shocks and no air in front tyre so this might add to weight

Just waiting on a shock pump then the fun starts. I have tried to upload some pics and don't know if it will work or not

2u47bsw.jpg

2en0zfl.jpg

5jsftg.jpg

344uq69.jpg

70cbqb.jpg
  • paul1987
    Cant make out why they have cabled tie the break cable and gear cable along all the stems where they could have easily slotted it through the holes. That will be one of my first jobs

2l8gkso.jpg

11ih0rn.jpg
  • paul1987
    Another twist

The wheels are 27.5 have just noticed lol. not 26 as advertised

rkrina.jpg
  • careca78
    Now that is a big twist! But the bike looks really nice.

Do you think the frame might be 26 and 27,5 compatible by changing dropouts, like the Production Privee Shan?

By the tubes section alone it must be a steel frame and if so a weight around 12,5kg is very respectable.

Keep sending updates and pictures.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or did they just stick random parts on to get it out - clearance front and back looks quite marginal in the pics.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • careca78
    A question to Paul1987:
    Did you already questioned On One about wheel size, frame material, geometry or anything else?
  • Herdwick
    That's what you callproducts consistency!!!

Really, 27,5???! Thought the wheels looked a bit big on the frame, whats the bb height? Can you measure it? Top tube lentgh and wheel base? It's definently steel, you can tell by the way the cable boss welds and the rear wheel yoke on the chainring side, added air won't add much weight :) !!!
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • paul1987
    I just took a gamble and brought it. I will measure up this weekend.

Came across another forum with people enquiring to on one about this bike and there response

The Dee Dar on the clearance section of the website was a one-off prototype. However, we are hoping to launch the bike in the coming months.
    There will be full specs and details when it goes live on the website

The full details of specs and geometry measurements will be available when it is launched online

The Dee Dar will be back very soon, as a full production bike
  • Herdwick
    Did you take the measuring tape? Did you go for a ride? come on don't let us waiting!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • paul1987
    No not yet

As planet has let me down

I ordered a set of pedals and shock pump when I ordered the dee dar and thought it would of come with the bike, I emailed them straight away when I received the bike they said it will come separately

I sent numerous emails and they said we will try and track the parcel

I emailed them this evening complaining and they are going to send it 24hr post

What is annoying I ordered over £50 worth of goods from planet on Saturday night and it came today. I ordered the pedals and pump on the 21st

Pretty peed off
  • Herdwick
    I imagine, sitting there and can't go out because of a damned parcel got lost.....
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The fork arch clearance looks quite tight, I'd be checking to see if it's a 26 or 27.5 fork!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Herdwick
    Nah from the last picture it looks generous under the bridge
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • paul1987
    Still haven't got the new pedals and shock pump after they said they posted it Wednesday 24hr post for the 3rd time

I emailed them again this afternoon

HI Paul,

I am really sorry to hear this and I appreciate your frustration. I can force through a sending of the pedals and the pump today so they would be with you early next week.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience and aim to resolve it in any way you deem appropriate.

They have annoyed me so much. I'm thinking of returning the bike and the £50 worth of goods that I ordered

I'm also concerned about the frame. It has 3 holes for grommets for the front gear mech and I'm trying to find some blank ones that will fit. I'm worried if I get water in the tubes it will rust inside as there is no drainage holes, I presume it will come out through the bottom bracket

I have found another Dee Dar from on one. This has the grommets with the cable. Mine are just open holes

2pspoj7.jpg

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/13321972/ link to the other on one dee dar
  • careca78
    That one seems to be the factory prototype, since the forum user is On One itself.
    They seem to confirm that it's meant to be a 27,5". But details are scarce at this moment.

But now back to you... have you already received the stuff you were waiting for? Have you tested the bike?