The Daily Musings Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2019 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

As a new idea from Veronese68, let's try a single thread for the daily stuff. Post up in here what you're doing for the day, whether it's going to be brilliant or rubbish.

So today, I'm going to be bored at work. My good minion is doing First Aid Training for the next 3 days, retard minion is in at 2, so I've got some respite.

This evening, I'm going to relax. I think I've done everything I need to do! Well, except tidy, but meh to that!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    morning

Working from home today as I have another plumber trying to 'retire on doing my house' quoting

Later will be some more stripping.................... of walls :(

right, has the wife cooked my bacon yet?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Monging all,
    Well done TKM, I'll recommend we double your pay as reward. Now how long until someone starts a new daily thread?
    Really struggling to get going this morning, way too much gravity in the bedroom made getting out of bed extremely difficult. Also meant I had to jump in the car and take advantage of the lack of traffic. Successfully upset some twunt in an X5. He seemed to think I should disappear into thin air when he tried to cut me up, not hold my ground. Hopefully not too busy in work today so I can bunk off early. Wednesday means pub later.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Morning.
    For some reason I was up and in the office before 7.30 this morning. No idea why as I am trying my best to avoid doing anything meaningful in work this week. I had Monday off and am having Friday off so the 3 days in between seem pointless.
    Hopefully, if Special Delivery works, I will be fitting a new shock to my boy's bike this afternoon and we can pop up to Cwmcarn for a bimble around the lower end of the Cafall trail.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, odd day today. First off my radio alarm clock decided to be thick an wake me up an hour late despite working fine yesterday, found bananas in the fridge but I didnt buy any. Not complaining on that one must have had a total brain fart that or an ape of some sorts moved in on the sly an is squatting in the loft.
    Work wise, well im here been doing some investigating on the interweb for tour of Cambridge in June an some general news reading. May do some work see how the day goes.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Afternoon ladies,
    Day off the bike today so I've been to two sites and picked up a suit for a wedding at the weekend. Ordered a new computer as well which I might be able to pick up later.
    Haven't done any actual work yet. Don't plan to either.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening,

Sorry i'm a bit late to the party but being the chalet girls b1tch is quite time consuming. Had 14 lovely guests leave us today and welcomed 12 welsh lads who are going to finish all the red wine in the chalet! Decent bunch though so looking forward to a few good days with them, might get out on the sauce with them tomorrow to show em how 'bar fit' i am! Unfortunately they are all snow boarders bar 2 who have seen the light!
    Won't bore you with my bodily functions as thats not acceptable but suffice to say i have confidently f4rted a good few times today and kept actual food down...........win!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Today did not go well.
    I found out that precision instruments do not react well to 80kN loads in a test machine.
    Fixed my leaking Shimano Deore caliper though (not while destroying company equipment).
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    What day is it today? :P

Better late than never, but today was my Monday and a bit busy too. Still, had a good pedal and I'm out for a curry tomorrow night
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • JBA
    bg13 wrote:
    E
    Won't bore you with my bodily functions as thats not acceptable but suffice to say i have confidently f4rted a good few times today and kept actual food down...........win!

I bet the first couple were a bit tentative though! :shock:

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • tlw1
    Hello Thursday

A day in Solihull for me :( later is a meal out with the father in law which will either be great fun or car crash - I suspect car crash
  • thekickingmule
    Thursday

Morning Losers!

Figured I'd put the day in for those of us that are too idiotic to figure it out ;)

Yesterday I was minionless until about 2pm, and it was glorious! It's really quiet at work, so not much happening. I'm loving the peace. It makes me want to become a farmer even more! The thought of not having to talk or react with people all the time, outside, fresh air is just so pleasing a thought!

Today I'm doing more of the same 8)

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    If you have seven threads, one for each day of the week you wont need to change the day every day. Thicky :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Maybe Stevo should buy a calendar so he knows what day it is.
    Morning all,
    Managed to pedal in today to try and clear the traditional Thursday mild hangover. Bit fresh out there, but sunny and not too windy so quite pleasant really. Hoping for a quiet day in the office today, might go out for lunch with the EPO later.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • M9DBO
    M9DBO Posts: 175
    Just waking to a bright and crisp Windermere this morning. Final day. A full cooked English to start. Pack the car and go for another walk with the family and dog. Then head back home. It's been wet but good.
    I am the Orange stereotype and loving it.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,
    Besides the ridiculously early start I'm being lazy today and have drove here. The day will be filled with meh followed by a 200 mile drive across the country to attend a wedding at the weekend.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Got up early and did a couple of hours just after the sky started to get light - beautiful.
    6 months ago was fired from work and my employer has kept me on until today and I've done nothing. Today is my last day and I'll leave getting paid up to December. As quite a bit of that is tax free then effectively becomes about a years pay as I'm getting. I'm not even going to bother going in. Past few weeks I've been taking my pals out top lunch - expensive but worthwhile.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • JBA
    Morning!

I'm feeling a bit lethargic today so shall spend as much of the day as possible procrastinating and drinking coffee.

Had a nice ride at Cwmcarn with my boy last night. The lighter evenings are already appreciated. It was still light when we got home at 7.45pm.

Tomorrow I am taking the boy to Gadget Show Live at the NEC. Gonna get my geek on. This means that today is officially my Friday so I think I'll wander over to the canteen for dead pig meats...

• step83
    Morning, hoping for a slow day today dawned on me during yesterday I need a new job the pay rise carrots been dangled for the past two years an its still out of reach so meh. Time to update the CV an start a career in McDonalds no doubt.
    Bar that im debating getting something that is allegedly coffee. Need to blow my nose but I have no tissues the toilets are "closed" so im debating copier paper an yeah 100% cannot be bothered with today.
  • thekickingmule
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    If you have seven threads, one for each day of the week you wont need to change the day every day. Thicky :wink:
    If there were 7 days, but you didn't know what day it was, you wouldn't know which to post it in :P

I quite like the idea of one thread to update the world on your problems and successes.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Lots of Me'h here in the alps,

Drawing down to the end of the season so cleaning stuff and moving stuff which all leads to more CBA! Looking forward to getting home and the long list of jobs that mrs13 has waiting for me! One thing this ski season has helped me to realise is that i work a lot harder when powered by cake!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    If there were 7 days, but you didn't know what day it was, you wouldn't know which to post it in :P

I quite like the idea of one thread to update the world on your problems and successes.
    When the wise old Mule posts a thread for the day with a day of the week in the title, I might then be able to work it out :D

Actually not too worried, let's see how it goes with the one thread fits all approach.
  • step83
    Needed some fence paint after making a new gate, searched fence paint, first result yacht varnish. Really?

http://www.diy.com/search/results/?question=fence+paint
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Went for a ride in the cold and misty realms of 6am today.

Look at it now! Glorious bloomin' sunshine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Went for a ride in the cold and misty realms of 6am today.

Look at it now! Glorious bloomin' sunshine.
    I'll be riding home in 15 minutes so that's really not a problem. :P
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    *Searches for "The Finger" icon.*
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    *Searches for "The Finger" icon.*
    Now that would be useful. Might get overused, especially at me.
  • Stevo_666
    It's beer n curry 'clock here. Need it as we go into year end mayhem mode tomorrow...
  • thekickingmule
    Friday!

Morning Losers!

TFI Friday! That said, it's been quite a nice week as there's barely been anyone in, and so it's been quiet. I'll be escaping at 3:30pm today as the less time spent with retard minion the better!

After work, I have to pack my car ready for tomorrow, wash the dishes, shave my head and then maybe go for a walk, before heading over to Bury for the night.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    Yeah Friday

Looking at the empty wine bottles the current wife and father in law will feel below par.

I'm off to work whilst everyone holidays - so I don't feel sorry for them

Working locally so home to pub time is reduced
  • veronese68
    Morning all,
    Bit chilly out this morning, the mercury was showing 2 degrees when I left. Quite sunny though so it would have been nice enough for a wobble, had to take the car in as I'm bunking off early so I can pick the wife up later though. Having a heater was nice though. The computer system is down so I can't do much work until they fix that, probably about 9ish they reckon. Makes getting in for 7:30 seem rather futile. Might have another cup of tea, could tidy my desk. Right, tea it is then...