Orro gold disc v giant defy advance pro 2

Pfcb0y
Pfcb0y Posts: 27
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Really appreciate any comments on my short list for my new bike.
Ridden both and couldn't seperate them that way, both have ultegra the Orro has flat disc mounts.

Thoughts?

Comments

• gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    Very similar Geometry.

Gold has slightly lighter wheelset. Giant has tubeless-ready wheel (making the jump to tubeless is worth it).

Without doubt the Defy Adv Pro is a great bike.

Do you have a LBS that sells Giant? It isnt just good for you to support LBS's but it is in your
    own interest for a variety of reasons.

Giant have a great reputation at hassle free warranty experience.
    Giant have a lifetime warranty (get a non crash related crack in your frame in 10 years = brand new frame)

With the above in mind I would side with Giant. Chances are Orro bikes are Dengfu/Hongfu chinese frames. Arguably nothing wrong with that (lots of companies frames are sourced this way). But Giant have a great reputation - the built there own frames (and manufacture there own carbon), and make many of the big top brands and are great value (if a bit Ford Mondeo brand image).

Buy the bike that makes you want to ride it the most just by looking at it (as they ride the same).
  • Pfcb0y
    Hey thanks for the comments.

Both are available from my LBS and I loved riding both. Did like the fact that Orro wasn't so 'common' compared to the Giant.

Decisions decisions...
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Pfcb0y wrote:
    Did like the fact that Orro wasn't so 'common' compared to the Giant.

Decisions decisions...
    If you're going to be influenced by such considerations I'd go with the Giant - the brand has some pedigree, albeit relatively recent. Orro isn't less common in a good way, like Guerciotti or Olmo.. (although their bikes may very well be just as good).
  • Pfcb0y
    But now cycle surgery have 20% off new bikes so the giant is now below 2k...
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Pfcb0y wrote:

15% only, its not bad, your LBS should be able to match that for Orro and Giant bikes I imagine.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Pfcb0y
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Pfcb0y wrote:

15% only, its not bad, your LBS should be able to match that for Orro and Giant bikes I imagine.

Quite right 15% but cycle surgery is my lbs.... Never been in so 2 minds over a bike before!
  • gabriel959
    can you not ride them both and see what you prefer? they should let you have a decent test ride on each.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Pfcb0y
    gabriel959 wrote:
    can you not ride them both and see what you prefer? they should let you have a decent test ride on each.

Have ridden both and both were sublime. Have laced an order for the Orro today after e-mailing the dealer last night at 10pm and then getting a reply within 10 mins I decided that service should rewarded with my order, bike fit week on Saturday.
  • gabriel959
    Happy cycling!!!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Pfcb0y
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Happy cycling!!!

Thanks can't wait! :D