Campagnolo Compatibility

pb21
pb21 Posts: 2,170
edited March 2016 in Road buying advice
I have some old (2006) campagnolo 10 speed centaur shifters that are on their last legs.

Would the 'new' veloce powershift shifters be a like for like match and be compatible with the older stuff stuff that will be left I.e. the rear mech and cassette?

Thanks
Mañana

Comments

• Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    10 speed Campagnolo works with 10 speed campagnolo. Should be fine with that combo.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    Ok thanks, wasn't sure if they had changed any of the cable pull ratios when they revamped the 10 series line! I should probably get a new rear mech too so probably an irrelevance anyway!
    Mañana
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    I did replace a pair of Centaur mach 2 10 speed (2007) with a pair of Veloce 2011 (mach 3) and it was fine
    left the forum March 2023
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    pb21 wrote:
    Ok thanks, wasn't sure if they had changed any of the cable pull ratios when they revamped the 10 series line! I should probably get a new rear mech too so probably an irrelevance anyway!

The only recent change has been the pull ratio from 2015 on the 11 speed lineup, you have to match 2015 shifters and mechs, although I am running a 2014 Chorus front mech with 2015 Chorus shifters at present with no issues.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack