Nero Bicicletta/Epic Cycles

bluemoon17
bluemoon17 Posts: 718
edited October 2016 in Road buying advice
Anybody have any experience of these bikes? Reviews online seem to be sparse, but Epic Cycles themselves seem to get nothing but good comments. Looking at the Corsa Evo and the geometry seems like it should suit me, plus I love the blue and black frameset!

Comments

• animal72
    animal72 Posts: 251
    Sorry, can't help with the Nero, but thumbs up for Epic.
    Condor Super Acciaio, Record, Deda, Pacentis.
    Curtis 853 Handbuilt MTB, XTR, DT Swiss and lots of Hope.
    Genesis Datum Gravel Bike, Pacentis (again).
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc, 105 & H-Plus-Son.

Mostly Steel.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Another thumbs up for Epic here.
    Always provide fantastic service.
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Great service at Epic, not the cheapest in my experience though.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    ChippyK wrote:

Well, to be fair, they rarely have any sales bikes because they sell out of their stock very quickly.
    The bikes they do have are always priced competitively though, but like many stores, they may not be as cheap as online only shops.

This said, you can't put a price on customer service. They will always ensure the bike is correct for you, include a bike fit with each bike and provide the highest level of customer service. This cannot be said for some 'cheaper' online retailers (Canyon spring to mind!!)
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    redvision wrote:
    ChippyK wrote:

Well, to be fair, they rarely have any sales bikes because they sell out of their stock very quickly.
    The bikes they do have are always priced competitively though, but like many stores, they may not be as cheap as online only shops.

This said, you can't put a price on customer service. They will always ensure the bike is correct for you, include a bike fit with each bike and provide the highest level of customer service. This cannot be said for some 'cheaper' online retailers (Canyon spring to mind!!)

I was in there the other day kicking the tyres of an Oltre with Chorus. They couldn't do enough for me, asked what I wanted, what bikes I had, what type of riding I do. They would swap any part I didn't like, not that I asked or wanted to swap any, free bike fit and so on. You can get bikes cheaper but with extras and their own shop specials you get full groupset and upgraded wheels it is competitive. The thing is, by hunting around online only places, shops like Epic will die.
  • *bump*

Has anyone ridden one of these or had any experience with them? They look lovely and great value.