Criterium International -**spoilers**

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited March 2016 in Pro race
Lovely Corse !

Short 90 k stage this am followed by a 7 km tt

then 170 km tomorrow

One pro get a ride.

Linus Gerdeman and Fabian Wegman also in there - 3rd on the opening stage 13 years ago !
startlist
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?id=164328&c=3

Comments

• Sam Bennett takes stage 1
  • Goss off first
    Ceel7EzWIAAJxGN.jpg:large
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Jesus I had just assumed Goss was dead. Winner of San Remo and nearly pipped Cav to Worlds. What happened?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Thibaut Pinot winning a 9 minute ITT blast from Jerome Coppel?
    Didn't see that one coming.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • The_Boy
    6 seconds faster than last year's race over the same (aiui) 7km course, so he appears to have gained around a second/km (obvious caveats about length of the course apply).
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Also, Rolland? So much for all the trains-like-it's-the-70s hype from Vaughters.
  • Doesn't look too happy for Daan.

Thoughts
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • on live on eurosport 1 at 1.30 was this on yesterday?

difficult to control this for Pinot. However Geniez has improved over the last 2 years. he said he did not have good 'sensations' yesterday - but his tt was again very good. He was 8 secs down at the top of the hill but only a couple at the end

top 10 in Giro last year and that excellent ride on the Alpe d Huez stage of the tour ....seems to be benefiting from the strong team ethic FdJ continue to foster. Reichenbach also didn't appear to go full gas so FdJ suddenly seem to be getting more complete in the mountains - they should have kept Jeannesson though

alexandre-geniez-en-mode-detente-dans-son-salon-a-la_854754_500x332p.JPG
  • The_Boy
    My Man Pierre Latour on the attack. Will no doubt get reeled in easily enough.

edit: nope, he's there to pace Pappy Peraud.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    FdJ riding like a Sky clone. I assume people will now sneeringly call them 'France Postal'.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • The_Boy
    RichN95 wrote:
    FdJ riding like a Sky clone. I assume people will now sneeringly call them 'France Postal'.

'La Poste', silly.
  • very rare 1 2 3 4 my man result
    ( Ive subbed Jeannesson into my team in as I didnt think he would ride this year)

1 PINOT ThibautFDJ

2 LATOUR PierreAG2R La Mondiale
    3 JEANNESSON Arnold Cofidis, Solutions Crédits
    4 VUILLERMOZ Alexis
  • The_Boy
    1, 2, 4 for me. :thumbs:
  • This race used to be much more prestigious, and attract a much better field. Shame.
  • This race used to be much more prestigious, and attract a much better field. Shame.

Calendar has got so busy. Gent -W used to be 2 weeks later and Catalonia used to be in May (both WT) -

Your viewpoint is yours - but the Crit Intl was still a good race .