PCT - Caja Rural focus

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited March 2016 in Pro race
new interest in this team - seem to have been around a long time - but having checked not that long?? or in another guise?

they signed Kwiatkowski brothers in 2010 Radoslaw and Michal - one kept going - got Hugh Carthy now and some old burners ie David Arroyo

Any info

EQUIPO-IMAGEN-PRESENTACION-2015-baja.jpg

Comments

• LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    Seems a very strange set up from what I remember, riders on different group and wheel manufacturers etc.

But they usually "race" when they are in races so I like them.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Always good value for plucky mountain breakaways. I'm a fan.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    hugh carthy seems to be going well, sky soon?
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    hugh carthy seems to be going well, sky soon?

Hope not... He's a phenomenal prospect.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I love these guys, always smashing it off the front in a breakaway. Ángel Madrazo is always good value (He was the crazy guy on secondment to Movistar in the 2013 Tour of Britain)
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I love these guys, always smashing it off the front in a breakaway. Ángel Madrazo is always good value (He was the crazy guy on secondment to Movistar in the 2013 Tour of Britain)

Not a secondment - he rode with them as far back as the Caisse days. Bit of a dude.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Ah OK, I loved his antics. Definitely a nutter :-)
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Madrazo was amazing that Tour of Britain he was going for every jersey, every day!

I love the team, you can trace them back to being Caja Rural, then Paternina for a while (with Marino Lejaretta) and then through to today.

This gives a slightly different version of my memory...

http://velorooms.com/index.php?page=cyclinggenealogy