Thats a holiday booked Thursday

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,047
edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
Wooo, ferry booked for a couple of weeks in August going to Como.

Is the bike going? Ohhhhhh yes*.

Going egg shopping at lunch time and doing other menial stuff in readiness for a wet bank holiday weekend.

*she hasn't technically said no
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    she hasn't been asked though has she.

quiet day in the office, pub later, waitrose at lunch to buy some easter eggs for the date, well me, she shouldn't have chocolate. pub after the pub as well, social whore than I am.

Still hungry
    ciao
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,362
  • homers_double
    Flâneur wrote:

Yes she has... Sort of... In a round about way... I said the bike would fit in the back of the truck and I promised to only go out for a few hours in a morning at 6 or 7.

One issue is there is a massive pond at the bottom of the hill so it's either one way or another and back again.

#thirdworldproblems

9CAFCD95-4E13-4E3C-BDB2-0DF597F939C8_zpshaidtf0j.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,448
    Bah. Rain piddled on pedalling plans. Tomorrow will be cutting up a tree for an ex minion so I had better get sharpening the chainsaw and stop bloody procrastinating.
    My OH could get away with a chocolate egg a day :D

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    One issue is there is a massive pond at the bottom of the hill so it's either one way or another and back again.
    What are the ferries like for taking bikes on? I really enjoyed Como, will definitely have to go back some time.
    When are you there? We'll be passing through on our way to and from Tuscany via Verona. We go out at the end of July and back mid August. Booked the apartment but haven't booked the tunnel yet.
  • homers_double
    Going out on the 10th of August and returning home on the 24th using the overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam.

Ferries are fine about bikes, are you taking yours?

IMG_1725_zpsf31020e3.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    :lol: Looks like I may be spending some of the day conversing with my new soul mate in Cake Stop
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,876
    Flâneur wrote:

Yes she has... Sort of... In a round about way... I said the bike would fit in the back of the truck and I promised to only go out for a few hours in a morning at 6 or 7.

#thirdworldproblems

9CAFCD95-4E13-4E3C-BDB2-0DF597F939C8_zpshaidtf0j.jpg
    Just tell her that you are popping out to the chapel.
    Madonna del Ghisallo obviously.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    Ferries are fine about bikes, are you taking yours?
    Not taking one, might buy one though. Trying to prise an old Chesini off a friend of my cousin.
  • homers_double
    After reading about that in Cyclist we headed over during our cycling holiday there, I'd plotted the route on my garmin and off we set taking a slight detour in Bellagio, damn garmin kept trying to take me back to a certain point so after a while we found a hill that went onwards and upwards and set off for the chapel.

Stopped to talk to a guy who was touring and he pointed out that the museum etc only opens at weekends. It was Tuesday :?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,886
    Holiday to France was booked last week - shame the new car can't fit a tow bar, so no cycling on holiday :(

Cycled into work today, and when the fun is over I will cycle back and go to the pub
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,886
    TLW1 wrote:
    Holiday to France was booked last week - shame the new car can't fit a tow bar, so no cycling on holiday :(

Cycled into work today, and when the fun is over I will cycle back and go to the pub

Today improved as we finally have broadband