SID World Cup XX Fork Cleaning

kire76
kire76 Posts: 14
edited March 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I just bought a SID World Cup XX 29 to replace a Reba RL. I don't want to be damaged as happened with the Reba, so I have these questions:

:D My rides are between 2 and 3 times a week, with an average of 18km / 11 miles each, the park is 90% dirt, with not much jumps.

1) What is the proper maintenance I must have during the lifetime of this fork?
2) After each ride what and how should I clean the fork?
3) How often should I bleed the hydraulic lock?
4) How often should I change the oil?
5) How often should I change the dust seals?

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    It is all in the manual. Read it. If you don't have it download it from SRAMs website.

A damp cloth will do for wiping down.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • kire76
    nicklouse wrote:
    It is all in the manual. Read it. If you don't have it download it from SRAMs website.

A damp cloth will do for wiping down.

Yes, I know that there are manuals but no information based on the user experience. That's why I make this post
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I loosely follow the manual, doing my own servicing, most important is keeping the fine grit from building up on top of the dust seal, water, push the fork up and down, clean off the residue left on the stanchions, repeat until the top of the seal is clean. Water is splashed on, don't use any spray or it will go past the seals.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kire76
    The Rookie wrote:
    I loosely follow the manual, doing my own servicing, most important is keeping the fine grit from building up on top of the dust seal, water, push the fork up and down, clean off the residue left on the stanchions, repeat until the top of the seal is clean. Water is splashed on, don't use any spray or it will go past the seals.

Ok, what about the oil change, dust seals and hydraulic lock bleed?