Raleigh Performance 20

daff
daff Posts: 81
Just a quick post about the Raleigh Performance 20

I was looking for a first "big" bike for my 6 year old. I'd looked at the usual Islabikes, Frog, etc and whilst they were great, they were really expensive. Looking at other brands, I can't believe that they make kids bikes that weigh nearly as much as my Bizango! How are the little daps going to enjoy riding those?

Anyway, I stumbled across the Raleigh Performance 20. Specs look great, triple butted frame, junior size controls and a weight of 8kg.
A bit of searching on 'tinterweb brought up what I was looking for at Tredz and using a 10% off code the bike cost £165 - which is a lot cheaper than the established premium brands.
It's arrived today and looks fantastic. I've just given it a quick weigh, and with the pedals on it comes out at 8.5kg so not bad at all.

Just a quick heads up in case anybody is searching for an affordable but light childrens bike

Comments

• Steve-XcT
    Steve-XcT Posts: 267
    daff wrote:
    Just a quick post about the Raleigh Performance 20

I was looking for a first "big" bike for my 6 year old. I'd looked at the usual Islabikes, Frog, etc and whilst they were great, they were really expensive. Looking at other brands, I can't believe that they make kids bikes that weigh nearly as much as my Bizango! How are the little daps going to enjoy riding those?

Anyway, I stumbled across the Raleigh Performance 20. Specs look great, triple butted frame, junior size controls and a weight of 8kg.
    A bit of searching on 'tinterweb brought up what I was looking for at Tredz and using a 10% off code the bike cost £165 - which is a lot cheaper than the established premium brands.
    It's arrived today and looks fantastic. I've just given it a quick weigh, and with the pedals on it comes out at 8.5kg so not bad at all.

Just a quick heads up in case anybody is searching for an affordable but light childrens bike

That's a surprisingly good bike (not only for Raleigh but all round) ...
    eBay do some pedals at abut 160g... (the pair) which I'm testing when they arrive! (£30 ish)

Another thread was discussing carbon forks for 20" so that would make that a sub 7kg bike which is more amazing given its Raleigh and they seem to have lost track since I was a kid...