Help, looking for a bike brand that forgot the name, clues...

Herdwick
Herdwick Posts: 523
edited March 2016 in MTB general
I am trying to remember what bike brand recently launched, budget steel hardtails/titanium fat, plus, aggro bikes and it's available through a store brand simillar to halfrauds, decathlon, go outdoors etc,
Can't remember!!!
Can someone help?
“I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Halfords only relatively recently launched the 13 brand? Go Outdoors has Calibre, but I can't think of any that sell everything you mention there.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Herdwick
    there was a recent article here in bike radar a (few months old) that presented the brand and had a few highlights from their product range and looked much more refined than anything offered from these sort of stores, and their range was mostly steel framed bikes and a couple titanium offerings, if I remember correctly it's not owned by a retail store but is a stockist,
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hardly recent launched!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    steel and titanium through a cheap bikeshop doesn't sound plausable.
  • Herdwick
    No stanton no, ohh shite, Not excactly cheap but affortable titanium frames, mislead you there
    I have the image of their website on my mind but the name is blurred!!! think I'm going crazy...
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • Herdwick
    Yes yes yes that's it alpkit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I will sleep peacefully now, feel so relieved now, I have been searching for hours with what ever came to my mind in relation to outdor onine stores etc but alpkit didn't show up in any of my searches
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • Herdwick
    totally misleading you guys here, only ti and aluminum bikes, sorry!!!

Thanks BigAl!!
    ― Kurt Vonnegut