Casual training rides south Manchester

chortlon-sim
chortlon-sim Posts: 135
edited March 2016 in Road general
I'm trying to improve my cycling this year mainly for triathlon but my local clubs Chorlton CC and Seamons in Altrincham ride out at 9am on a Sunday and I'd not get back until after 12. This doesn't go down well with young family. Are there casual chaingang forums to find people who'd want to go out at half 7 just for a couple of hrs and be back before the missus notices?? Loads of people must be put off by cycling clubs due to the weekly commitment to a huge chunk of Sunday.

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Knutsford Tri Club might be a good place to start
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Yep, I'll have a look cheers although it's a 50 min round trip in the car
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Then I think you're going to be struggling.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    try asking it Gatley coffee shop a popular haunt with riders and various clubs

think it is called the coffee fix
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    Flâneur wrote:
    try asking it Gatley coffee shop a popular haunt with riders and various clubs

think it is called the coffee fix

Manchester Wheelers lead rides from here, as do a couple of other groups I know of.
  • Cheers for that. The intermediate looks ideal and only 15 mins ride out from me to Gatley
  • AER_2263
    AER_2263 Posts: 13
    Hi,

I ride out of Altrincham and we have a couple of triathlon athletes in our club. Although our club rides are the usual Sunday morning 0930 start from the Velo Espresso cafe a few others do go out earlier and on other days. The Sunday

Maybe put a post up on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1652747951680818/ and I'm sure there will be people who you could train with.

It's a new club, with a nice relaxed atmosphere....being based out of a cafe helps too.

Cheers