Thunderous Thursday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
So why did Stevo not write the BR tax summary?

Anyway a full day dealing with the plebs of this provincial market town. Plus side just sorted out a trip to Barcelona and Vienna
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,047
    Decided to have a day off from the 6am alarm call today and felt worse for it. Went outside to put stuff in the bin and was glad I didn't go out for a pedal. Good god it was cold, dry but very cold.

Got general office busying to do today and then drop the boy off at football training tonight and will go for a run whilst waiting for him.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Celebrating the birthday of a certain famous snake botherer, by lying in bed.

Some kind of epic ride will take place later when I decide which bike to take
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,886
    Fun day long meeting followed by a work night out - yeah (ish)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,587
    'ning

an officey/meetingy day at globalmegacorp
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,363
    Working from home again today. Daughter's not been doing very well this week so spending some time here so I can look after her a bit more and hopefully see what's going on. Went back to the GP yesterday as we're getting nowhere with the hospital, have been refered up to town to the neurology department at a famous kids hospital.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    I'm sure there was something up with the air pressure this morning, wasn't particularly windy but it was like cycling through treacle, can't be me surely.

Quick google for Irish traditional cuisine tonight reveals the options that follow

Bacon & Cabbage
    Mash
    Mash & cabbage
    Cabbage and Cabbage
    Black pudding
    Fried bread
    Bread
    Bread, milk & sugar
    Boiled pigs trotters
    Fry up
    Fry up in a bread roll

:roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • 97th choice
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm sure there was something up with the air pressure this morning, wasn't particularly windy but it was like cycling through treacle, can't be me surely.

Quick google for Irish traditional cuisine tonight reveals the options that follow

Bacon & Cabbage
    Mash
    Mash & cabbage
    Cabbage and Cabbage
    Black pudding
    Fried bread
    Bread
    Bread, milk & sugar
    Boiled pigs trotters
    Fry up
    Fry up in a bread roll

Wrong.

Buckfast

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:

Bacon & Cabbage
    Mash
    Mash & cabbage
    Cabbage and Cabbage
    Black pudding
    Fried bread
    Bread
    Bread, milk & sugar

Boiled pigs trotters
    Fry up
    Fry up in a bread roll

Wrong.

Buckfast
    Scotland?
  • 97th choice
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Bacon & Cabbage
    Mash
    Mash & cabbage
    Cabbage and Cabbage
    Black pudding
    Fried bread
    Bread
    Bread, milk & sugar

Boiled pigs trotters
    Fry up
    Fry up in a bread roll

Wrong.

Buckfast
    Scotland?

Lurgan champagne, I'm thinking of using some to recreate the "finishing bottle"

http://theulsterfry.com/local-news/thre ... cientists/

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,723
    Flâneur wrote:
    So why did Stevo not write the BR tax summary?
    I gave you most of the good news yesterday - beer, cider, spirits and fuel duty frozen, so drive to the pub and celebrate. And as an added bonus after much lobbying by me, they're cutting the Severn Bridge tolls by 50% - so more downhilling is on the cards :)

Spent some of the last day checking the fine print as most of the crap that might hit us from a company point of view doesn't get mentioned in the speech.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,485
    Heading to UAT on a couple of projects, starting to feel the pain with staff and their holidays, budget was goood for now but HMG needs to ensure a climate conducive to small businesses otherwise Boris the Idiot will turn more heads with his incoherent jingoistic babble.

The start today seems so far away, a fasted zone two ride......
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,047
    Well traffic put a stop to a run so I'm back at the football ground waiting about for training to end.

Definitely going to ride tomorrow come shine or shine as the weather is looking good!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,957
    It was warmer in Scotchland today than here in Norfolk, a lot warmer according to the forecast. It's outrageous and not how this union should work. I'm writing to my MP demanding he do something about it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,450
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm sure...bread roll

Wrong.

Buckfast
    Scotland?

http://theulsterfry.com/local-news/thre ... cientists/

^ :lol:

Seano: you should have known there was it was Narden Iyrlan' - there was no mention of Concorde or MD 20/20. Ask your Dad about an (in)famous homebrew stout called the 'Wrastler'. It's obvious you need an education.

Back tot the plot:

Electronic Omron 163537384 unit was okay, Have now dismantled the pressure switches and will send then to Cornwall to be "re-set". I think those webbed finger boys are 'avin a laugh.

Sun, sun, sun today. Bank Manageress the morra. Pedal in afternoon and then noise, bouncy castle and a toots birthday party... MILF watch time :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tonight's beer is going to hurt tomorrow
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm sure...bread roll

Wrong.

Buckfast
    Scotland?

http://theulsterfry.com/local-news/thre ... s-nothing-

admit-lurgan-scientists/

Seano: you should have known there was it was Narden Iyrlan' - there was no mention of Concorde or MD 20/20. Ask your Dad about an
    (in)famous homebrew stout called the 'Wrastler'. It's obvious you need an education.

Back tot the plot:

Electronic Omron 163537384 unit was okay, Have now dismantled the pressure switches
    and will send then to Cornwall to be "re-set". I think those webbed finger boys are 'avin a laugh.

Sun, sun, sun today. Bank Manageress the morra. Pedal in afternoon and then noise, bouncy castle and a toots birthday party... MILF watch time :D

Before you sell all your equipment can any of it be used for mining? We need high pressure water jets, heavy duty shaker conveyor belt, cast iron ripples to catch the gold and a sluise box. We also need a digger and I loader, but you can buy them with proceeds from the sale of the factory.

I know where the gold is and how to get it gawd dang it.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm sure...bread roll

Wrong.

Buckfast
    Scotland?

admit-lurgan-scientists/

Seano: you should have known there was it was Narden Iyrlan' - there was no mention of Concorde or MD 20/20. Ask your Dad about an
    (in)famous homebrew stout called the 'Wrastler'. It's obvious you need an education.

Back tot the plot:

Electronic Omron 163537384 unit was okay, Have now dismantled the pressure switches
    and will send then to Cornwall to be "re-set". I think those webbed finger boys are 'avin a laugh.

Before you sell all your equipment can any of it be used for mining? We need high pressure water jets, heavy duty shaker conveyor belt, cast iron ripples to catch the gold and a sluise box. We also need a digger and I loader, but you can buy them with proceeds from the sale of the factory.

We'll need to build a mining town out of wood with stables, a saloon, a hardware store, a hotel, some out building sh1t houses and a brothel. We'll also need a Sheriff. Perhaps even one of a particular ethnic descent called Bart...
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm sure...bread roll

Wrong.

Buckfast
    Scotland?

admit-lurgan-scientists/

(in)famous homebrew stout called the
    'Wrastler'. It's obvious you need an education.

Back tot the plot:

and will send then to Cornwall to be "re-set".
    I think those webbed finger boys are 'avin a laugh.

We'll need to build a mining town out of wood with stables, a saloon, a hardware store, a
    hotel, some out building sh1t houses and a brothel. We'll also need a Sheriff. Perhaps even one of a particular ethnic descent called Bart...
    I'm glad you didn't forget the brothel. We need to make sure we get the angle of our ripples right, otherwise they'll pack up with mud and we'll be washing all our gold down the creek. I think we should dig out the pay streak first, then go for bedrock where the big nuggets are. The sheriff is a Ni! :shock:
  • pinno
    ...DONG.

At some time in the future, i'm going to ride into town on a horse wearing a poncho whilst smoking cigars...

Which reminds me, I forgot the Gun Shop, Sheriff's office (with cells), the barbers and the funeral directors.
  • seanoconn
    In that case we'll need a grizzled old man to make coffins, a town midget and a blind kid.
  • pinno
    Stevo, Team47b and Flaneur then?

Will you be the lonesome prossie short on work? ...or Mungo?
  • seanoconn
    Yes I'll be in the prossie short on work. Stevo will be the unscrupulous, money grabbing Mayor and TLW will be the town drunk/bum.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn wrote:
    Yes I'll be in the prossie short on work. Stevo will be the unscrupulous, money grabbing Mayor and TLW will be the town drunk/bum.

I think you will find its high functioning drunk
  • seanoconn
    TLW1 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Drunk while maintaining employment and relationships, hmmm, town quack?
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

You got the job - you can run the saloon. You'll have to practice sliding a Bourbon bottle and a shot glass at the right speed, without them falling over down the bar.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,723
    "The sheriff's a sweaty..."
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Can I run the hardware store?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,485
    I'll own and run the bike and cake shop with the knocking shop above thereby meeting most demand and building a resilient business model regardless of economic times or technological advances
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu