XT disc brake bleed

kajjal
kajjal Posts: 3,380
edited March 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
My rear XT disc brake needs bleeding and i was after some advice for which is the best bleed kit to buy. I have all the usual tools just nothing that you would use to bleed a disc brake and have checked a few videos on line which seem straight forward enough.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Which XT brake? They have been making XT hydraulic brakes for close to 20 years.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • kajjal
    nicklouse wrote:
    Which XT brake? They have been making XT hydraulic brakes for close to 20 years.

Good point :)

M785, thanks.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Epic solutions....

Or just a syringe and tube and fill from the calliper like the older ones, still works.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Epic solutions are excellent and come with simple, step by step instructions
  • kajjal
    Thanks for the advice I will get the epic one :)
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Does it need a full bleed?

I have seen people just undo the bleed screw on lever, position horizontal to bars attach the yellow bleed funnel thing add some mineral oil and pump the lever until the any air is removed.
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    maybe just burping ???
  • kajjal
    swod1 wrote:
    Does it need a full bleed?

I have seen people just undo the bleed screw on lever, position horizontal to bars attach the yellow bleed funnel thing add some mineral oil and pump the lever until the any air is removed.

Thats what i am going to try first and see what happens.