Praise for Dittons Velo riders

Geo555
Geo555 Posts: 96
edited March 2016 in Road general
Just a little story from my local newspaper webiste, about a group of riders from Dittons Velo helping to save the life of a pedestrian who had collapsed in the street.

Well done to all involved.

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey- ... d-11058223

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,234
    Fair enough, but we have to be pretty screwed as a society if we brand what is basic common sense as "heroic". I struggle to think of anyone who would just plow through pretending nothing happened
    left the forum March 2023
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    Fair enough, but we have to be pretty screwed as a society if we brand what is basic common sense as "heroic". I struggle to think of anyone who would just plow through pretending nothing happened

You would be surprised. Seen a few accidents where people just drive around the carnage and carry on.
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942

Don't you believe it, an 82 year old cyclist, only gave up TT's a few years ago was out on a ride and unfortunately involved in a fatal accident
    Shortly after the accident an off-duty police officer happened to pass the scene and stopped to help. The Durham Constabulary officer took control of the scene whilst waiting for other emergency crews and re-directed traffic.

Bystanders, shaken by the traumatic incident, then saw one motorist insist on driving through the scene of the accident while the cyclist still lay in the road.

One witness said: “The officer did a great job of controlling the scene.

“I find it hard to believe that someone can insist on getting past a tragic accident and shout and argue about it, when someone is lying on the road in front of them, whilst being tended to by a member of the public.”
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....