What bike should I get - Please help

lukaorlic
lukaorlic Posts: 6
edited March 2016 in Commuting chat
I was hoping I can get some advice on what do you think of this bikes that I shorlisted for my next bike. Which one is better in specs, which one would you get, what is your thoughts? Obviously if you have any other that you would recommend I would like to hear from you too. I commutemostly (18km one way / 5 days a week) but that is not the sole use of the bike, as over the weekend i do some casual cycling too. Currently I owe a entry level road bike (Scott Speedster 60) and iIlike how the road bike works for me, I would like to upgarde to Hydraulic disc, but also have space to fit mudguards and get most for my money. Here is the list:

Cube Attain SL Disc 2016

Focus Cayo AL 105 Disc 2016
AdTech Ad

Merida Ride Disc 500 2016

Fuji sportif 1.1

Scott Speedster 20 Disc Road Bike - 2016

Eastway Zener D2 105 - 2016 (not sure if i want a carbon fibre bike as it would hurt me too much to beat the bike on London roads on daily basis)

I hope you can advice and help me decide.

Thanks.

Luka

Comments

• MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    The one you like the colour of best.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Test-Ride before you part with any cash
  • Make sure it fits proper
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I love my Pinnicle Dolomite from Evans, well worth a look. Under a grand, under 9 kilos and great fun.
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Been contemplating something new myself and with the state of the roads getting progressively worse wondered about a CX or gravel bike for 28mm tyres with guards.
    How much difference in comfort would I notice? It would also be nice to ditch the cheap mtb and a CX/gravel would do when I take the kids to Hicks Lodge (a nearby basic mtb trail).

I saw PX have a Tomac Montezuma for a grand at the mo. All carbon, so I guess lighter and more comfy. Is the OP right about beaing it up on the roads?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    fatsmoker wrote:
    Is the OP right about beaing it up on the roads?
    Nah, absolutely fine on the roads.

Rain however. Carbon melts in the rain.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have a look at the Planet-X London Road
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/bikes/road ... ondon-road
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • steve55
    steve55 Posts: 19
    fatsmoker wrote:
    Been contemplating something new myself and with the state of the roads getting progressively worse wondered about a CX or gravel bike for 28mm tyres with guards.
    How much difference in comfort would I notice? It would also be nice to ditch the cheap mtb and a CX/gravel would do when I take the kids to Hicks Lodge (a nearby basic mtb trail).

I saw PX have a Tomac Montezuma for a grand at the mo. All carbon, so I guess lighter and more comfy. Is the OP right about beaing it up on the roads?

I've noticed a huge difference over the last winter riding a Genesis Day One Disc with 32mm tyres through London and back. I has been like sitting in an armchair compared to the road bike I use for summer commute and has certainly resulted in less p*nctures.