Fen St to Waterloo

SME
SME Posts: 348
edited March 2016 in Commuting general
Hi. Hoping for some commuters knowledge.

Next week (earlyish Saturday morning) a group of us must go from Fenchurch Street to Waterloo Station - does anyone know the best route?

Was going to go via Cannon Str down to Embankment, but can't find a way onto Waterloo bridge from the Embankment?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Comments

• SME
    Thought there'd be someone with some knowledge, but I did find this, through a Google search, from some time back.

viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12681381&p=15950866&hilit=waterloo+to+liverpool+street#p15950866

I was specifically wondering if there is access from Embankment to Waterloo bridge. But after reading the old post I may try Southwark Bridge and The Cut...

Unless anyone knows a better route?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Westminster bridge if you must go Embankment, it's pretty damn close!. You could always nip up and over at Temple if you must use Waterloo Bridge,

On Saturday the roads are likely to be quiet so the below should also be fine.

Cannon Street, Ludgate Hill, Fleet Street, Strand then over Waterloo Bridge.
  • SME
    coriordan wrote:
    On Saturday the roads are likely to be quiet so the below should also be fine.

Cannon Street, Ludgate Hill, Fleet Street, Strand then over Waterloo Bridge.

Thanks.
    Did try this route, and then also tried down onto Lower Thames, across Southwark, then right onto Union and then The Cut.

Then, when I got home tonight, I get a phone call from my son..."Dad, Dave says we can stay at his (in Reading!) on Friday night"

Doh!!! All for nowt!

Cheers,
    Steve
  • Poitr
    Poitr Posts: 35
    Use this map to work it out.
    article-1393521-0C6047E600000578-120_964x966.jpg