Campagnolo Disc Brakes & new gruppo?

g00se
g00se Posts: 2,221
edited March 2016 in Road general
Looks like they published it - then deleted it - possibly before an embargo. But google cache has it:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=uk

Comments

• g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    There's also a link to a new 'Potenza' group/drivetrain? in that article -but that seems to be embargoed too.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    I'm interested in that Potenza group set. That's been rumoured for a few years but I think Bridgestone got the beef against the name? Word on the street was that the 18th (Fri) was the release date for all this non disc stuff.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,242
    I was expecting a bit better to be honest. The big-SRAM like reservoir looks a bit ugly, the calipers have non-finned pads (but that can be sorted, I think... the rotors are pathetic, but also those can probably be sorted. Ultimately it is down to how it works, but I struggle to see it being better than Shimano, who have been doing hydro discs for well over a decade
    left the forum March 2023
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    Maybe it is just the images in the article, but the chainset looks like it is made of plastic, and not fitted very well to the chain rings. I'm glad they are staying with a silver option, the darker finish doesn't look right on a "retro" bike. I do like the cycling shoes the guy in the article is wearing though. I've got silver Veloce on my vintage Moser, and some shoes like those would finish it off nicely. Although I guess they would probably cost more than the Veloce groupset...

Are Campagnolo likely to make any further announcements regarding their other groupsets, other than discs?
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Ugo go and read some of the many articles that are no online. These are not the finished article and they're not Campagnolo rotors.

The only other news is the production ready V3 interface which I've been waiting for.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Term1te wrote:
    ....... and some shoes like those would finish it off nicely. Although I guess they would probably cost more than the Veloce groupset...
    Dromarti. (Spelling?)
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    That silver crankset needs silver rings - badly. Looks like the crappy Deore on my MTB... :(
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,242
    Ugo go and read some of the many articles that are no online. These are not the finished article and they're not Campagnolo rotors.

The only other news is the production ready V3 interface which I've been waiting for.

I guess what I want to say is that what I see there is pretty bog standard. There is nothing there which is innovative. Standard calipers, SRAM like levers, that's it. I was somewhat expecting something amazing and totally new, given they come on the market years after the competition
    left the forum March 2023