£1000 to spend in Halfords with the cycle to work scheme?

theoallen
theoallen Posts: 35
edited March 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys,

So I've just been given £1000 to spend with my works cycle to work scheme. This can be used to spend on both the bike and all the equipment. The only catch is that it has to be from Halfords. Does anyone know which would be best? Preferably I'd want a full sus (It probably won't actually be used to cycle to work ;) ).

Voodoo Zobop is £999, anyone know if that's any good?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Give the scheme a call, and ask for a list of shops in the area that also take Halfords vouchers. My bike was Halfords only but I had a list of other shops I could use too.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Also if you get the info on other shops that will take the halfords voucher then I recommend that you discuss upgrades, lower bike price, additional eqpt - Halfords can be quite responsive if you talk to the right guy.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    Leisure lakes accept halfords c2w vouchers.
  • I would go for the boardman brilliant bike with excellent components for the price
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    If you do have to stick with Halfords, you're not restricted to their brands

http://www.cycle2work.info/bikes/range
    Hundreds of bikes from over 800 partner independent stores so you've access to bikes outside of the Halfords range too.
  • theoallen
    theoallen Posts: 35
    Oh awesome I never even realised this! I'll check it out and see what I can get :)