Rollands new training regime

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited March 2016 in Pro race
The thought is that Cannondale's coaches said Rollands methods were from the 1970's and have bought him 'up to date'

Jean-René Bernaudeau has done pretty well with what he has had (including dealing with Europcar's stuttering level of commitment at PCT level )

I wonder what 16th ranked under performing Cannondale are going to to offer him in terms of 'modern methods'

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Too early to say. JV reckons he can be right up there.

Going by Cannondale/Slipstream's record over the last few years I won't be holding my breath.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    I put on a (very) small e/w bet on him for the tour when JV was touting him. Only so I can look like a genius backing a podiumee at 251.00, mind. I doubt he'll do much he hasn't done before, tbh,
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I expected more of him at P-N. 1!th at there moment isn't terrible but he is team leader ans he's not even top ranked Cannondale rider (that's Lawson Craddock!).
  • Yeah. JV tweeted 'he's not gone to altitude yet'

Neither have Thomas, Titchie Richie etc yet
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Yeah. Not quite sure about JV's training regimes. He seems to spend most of his time drinking wine and picking twitter arguments with Oleg.

Team can't TTT in the slightest, when it used to be a speciality. And someone like Talansky has gone backwards rapidly...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I agree but still I'd put JV's trainign regime over Europcar's...

ok so it's 90s training vs 70s training but still an improvement
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    dish_dash wrote:
    Yeah. Not quite sure about JV's training regimes. He seems to spend most of his time drinking wine and picking twitter arguments with Oleg.

Team can't TTT in the slightest, when it used to be a speciality. And someone like Talansky has gone backwards rapidly...

I'd go so far as to say joining Slipstream (et al) is tantamount to ending your career.
  • dish_dash wrote:

Talansky is a curate's egg, all right. Shoulda pushed on from that Dauphine win, but...

A bit of a propensity for crashing doesn't help your palmares either
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,228
    Hasn't stopped Thomas so far....
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    I was gonna make that joke last night but didn't have the brass neck :D
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy