Disappointment at low level of IQ etc when reading some entries

cjlynch
cjlynch Posts: 10
Hello Guys,

Probably my fault but I did assume ( and you shouldn't assume anything in life I know) this, and other Forums notify (to their email address) the 'member' when a response is received. Consequently, I have come on here to explore 2 separate issues and discover I have 'unread' responses to my entry made Nov' 2015. However, having taken the trouble to emphasise my reluctance to improvise when extracting/inserting the pinion bearings by using alternative options e.g sockets, hammer and vice. I get what I would describe as the 'cowboy bike builder' response, telling me oh yeah it's fine to use a screw driver and hammer MATE etc, etc. Then advising me to measure the bearings, even though my entry kinda infers I know the bearings, just asking whether I really need to purchase the more expensive genuine Specialized 'Bearing Kit' or the cheaper alternatives.

I wish that these 'Muppetts' aka amateurs wouldn't chip in. I really only want to hear from Forum members that are competent and have quality advice.

Perhaps I need to emphasise this in my entry, e.g. Please, NO MUPPETTS to respond!

Hey, c'est la vie.

Regards

Christopher Lynch

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    maybe if you had posted your question in the tech section you might have garnered a better response rather than posting your question in someone else's build thread that had not been posted in for 2 years?

and now you make another post in this section rather than the correct one about buying a light.

you may notice this section is called "Discuss the website with the team"

I will report your buying info request to be moved.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Nice to see that there are superior members of this forum - people who are not MUPPETS what ever those may be.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    If you want to be notified of responses to a topic you need to select the box asking you if you want to be notified. If you want professional advice I suggest you go and pay for it. The forum is predominantly populated by enthusiasts and you will usually get friendly advice from keen amateurs that between them have a vast amount of experience, it's up to you if you want to take the advice on board or not. As mentioned above if you post your question in the right section you may get better answers. Take a look around and see how to use the forum rather than posting incorrectly and then insulting people that have given friendly advice freely.
    You may think you have a higher level of IQ, but let me tell you that you are seriously lacking in manners and common sense from what I can see.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Genrally a high IQ demonstrates a better standard of communication than evidenced in her original post here. Maybe she does not have English as a first language. Or a high IQ.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    If OPs IQ is so high s/he can look the answers up for himself ;).
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I hope this is a troll, it's an excellent effort
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I must say I agree with the OP, after all if his IQ was a bit higher he would know to post in the right sections and perhaps also use some analytical thinking (often referred to as common sense) when choosing the best place to post a query. Still as he will probably not post again given the tone of that post, then he has almost certainly raised the IQ of the average poster on BR, so for that at least we should thank him.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.