Wales, Afan, Cwmcarn & Bike Park Wales

bigmitch41
bigmitch41 Posts: 685
edited March 2016 in Holidays
Looking at a trip across the pond to Wales in a couple of weeks, just after Easter probably mid-week. So far Ive looked at Afan Lodge which looks ok. Can anybody who's been before recommend somewhere decent to stay please? We are both two middle aged Men, well behaved (most of the time) looking for b&b or self catering preferably close to a decent pub serving good food, all within close distance to the above named trail centers, Please. :D
Paracyclist
@Bigmitch_racing
2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
2014 Whyte T129-S
2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
Big Mitch - YouTube

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    I've stayed in Afan lodge, good place to stay, great location - you can pick the trails up from the lodge and very peaceful/picturesque. They also have a bike park and they do great meals, massive plates of food just what you need after a days riding, they also sell beer :D Only complaint was that the beds are bunk beds, extremely creaky and not that comfortable. You can camp and you don't need to book, just turn up. Security for bikes is a container with a coded padlock - we left ours in the van. There's not really anywhere else to go without having to drive/ride. I'd definitely recommend it but if I went again I'd maybe look for something with a bit more luxury.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    There are camping pods at Cwmcarn. Not really luxurious but they have light, heating and power.
    The visitor centre has a cafe open during the day and there are various pubs and eateries within a few miles.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Thanks for the input guys, sounds like Afan Lodge will suit our needs :D
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • paptuk
    paptuk Posts: 6
    Hi, I was wondering if you could help me. In my master's thesis I am trying to find out which criteria are most important for bikers when choosing an MTB holidays. What is your opinion on that? http://goo.gl/forms/Zzdav0l8Yi Thanks