help wanted,,,pleaaaaase :-)

greekrider
greekrider Posts: 9
edited March 2016 in Holidays
hello everybody

first post so sorry for it being a bit boring.. but i could do with picking a few brains ..

im starting up a cycle holiday buisness based out of a villa on the greek island of evia,road and mountain biking so i love a bit of feedback and any other thoughts.

would you consider a cycle hoiday in greece ? if not, why not ?

would you bring or own bike or prefere to rent a bike?

would yo9u want a pool at the villa?

if there was no pool would a hot tub suffice ?

how many miles a day ( or week total ) would you like to ride?

would you prefere self catering, b&b , or all meals included( cooked by an experianced chef) ?

would you want a bar/ drinks included in your package

what size group do you usual travel with?

anyone who answers this will get a good discount !!!

cheers

Comments

• JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    hello everybody

first post so sorry for it being a bit boring.. but i could do with picking a few brains ..

im starting up a cycle holiday buisness based out of a villa on the greek island of evia,road and mountain biking so i love a bit of feedback and any other thoughts.

would you consider a cycle hoiday in greece ? if not, why not ? Would give it a go

would you bring or own bike or prefere to rent a bike? Normally bring my own

would yo9u want a pool at the villa? Would be nice but not a deciding factor

if there was no pool would a hot tub suffice ? Yes

how many miles a day ( or week total ) would you like to ride? Normally 70-100 per day (road riding) on a training camp with a day off in the middle

would you prefere self catering, b&b , or all meals included( cooked by an experianced chef) ? B&B at a minimum possibly with an option for dinner depending on what the local restaurants are like

would you want a bar/ drinks included in your package Bar yes, again depending on local options. If there are decent bars nearby for evening entertainment then a bar in the villa isn't that big a deal

what size group do you usual travel with? Could be anything from just me to 80+ local riders taking over a hotel!

cheers
  • hello everybody

would you consider a cycle hoiday in greece ? if not, why not ? Would give it a go

would you bring or own bike or prefere to rent a bike? Normally bring my own

would yo9u want a pool at the villa? Would be nice but not a deciding factor

if there was no pool would a hot tub suffice ? Yes

how many miles a day ( or week total ) would you like to ride? Normally 70-100 per day (road riding) on a training camp with a day off in the middle

would you prefere self catering, b&b , or all meals included( cooked by an experianced chef) ? B&B at a minimum possibly with an option for dinner depending on what the local restaurants are like

would you want a bar/ drinks included in your package Bar yes, again depending on local options. If there are decent bars nearby for evening entertainment then a bar in the villa isn't that big a deal

what size group do you usual travel with? Could be anything from just me to 80+ local riders taking over a hotel!

cheers

nice one dude, thanks alot

anyother factors you think are important for a holiday like this ?
  • What are the trails like? I guess there won't be any lifts.
    It may be ok in winter but too hot in summer for big days riding.
  • hello everybody

would you consider a cycle hoiday in greece ? Absolutely

would you bring or own bike or prefere to rent a bike? Maybe bring my own but if the bikes available are of good quality then it would certainly be an option.

would yo9u want a pool at the villa? Yes - Greece is so hot especially in the summer

if there was no pool would a hot tub suffice ? Possibly

how many miles a day ( or week total ) would you like to ride? Depends on the day, a plan for the week would be a good idea - a rest day or two in between some big mileage rides.

would you prefere self catering, b&b , or all meals included( cooked by an experianced chef) ? B+B. As long as local stuff as good

would you want a bar/ drinks included in your package bar is always a nice luxury

what size group do you usual travel with? 5-6

cheers
    Framebuilder
    Handbuilt Steel 29er https://goo.gl/RYSbaa
    Carbon Stumpjumper https://goo.gl/xJNFcv
    Parkwood:http://goo.gl/Gf8xkL
    Ribble Gran Fondo https://goo.gl/ZpTFXz
    Triban:http://goo.gl/v63FBB
    im not a moutain biker, but the trails are good, its a mountainous island, but as far as i know no lifts

the weather is good for cycling all year round, but july and august does get pretty hot, ok if youre used to it i suppose, best months without a boubt are march till june, and september october and possibly november

we will probably offer different packages for the summer based on a more relaxing summer villa holiday style.
  • hello everybody

would you consider a cycle hoiday in greece ? Absolutely

would you bring or own bike or prefere to rent a bike? Maybe bring my own but if the bikes available are of good quality then it would certainly be an option.

would yo9u want a pool at the villa? Yes - Greece is so hot especially in the summer

if there was no pool would a hot tub suffice ? Possibly

how many miles a day ( or week total ) would you like to ride? Depends on the day, a plan for the week would be a good idea - a rest day or two in between some big mileage rides.

would you prefere self catering, b&b , or all meals included( cooked by an experianced chef) ? B+B. As long as local stuff as good

would you want a bar/ drinks included in your package bar is always a nice luxury

what size group do you usual travel with? 5-6

cheers

\thanks for the comment my friend, most appreciated
    im not a moutain biker, but the trails are good, its a mountainous island, but as far as i know no lifts

the weather is good for cycling all year round, but july and august does get pretty hot, ok if youre used to it i suppose, best months without a boubt are march till june, and september october and possibly november

we will probably offer different packages for the summer based on a more relaxing summer villa holiday style.

In what way are the trails good? Are they steep? Rocky? Rooty? Technical? Open and flowing? Scenic? Are they all natural? Are there built features? Are the trails maintained by local riders?
    Need a bit of information about what sort oof riding to expect. It won't be very popular if it's just gravel tracks through the mountains.
  • well thanks everyone for the feedback

check us out and as promised a discount for anyone who posted,

still open to comments, and suggestions and any help spresding the word would be greatly appreceiated

cheers

http://www.greekcycleholidays.com
  • NanoTró
    NanoTró Posts: 3
    greekrider wrote:
    hello everybody

would you consider a cycle hoiday in greece ? if not, why not ?
    No, never heard Greece was a good destination for mtb holidays

would you bring or own bike or prefere to rent a bike?
    I prefer to bring my bike

would yo9u want a pool at the villa?
    Yeeees!!!

if there was no pool would a hot tub suffice ?

how many miles a day ( or week total ) would you like to ride?

would you prefere self catering, b&b , or all meals included( cooked by an experianced chef) ?
    All inlcuded

would you want a bar/ drinks included in your package
    No, better on my own

what size group do you usual travel with?
    5-10

:mrgreen:

cheers
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    greekrider wrote:
    hello everybody

would you consider a cycle hoiday in greece ? if not, why not ? Yes if nopt too expensive

would you bring or own bike or prefere to rent a bike? Depends, taking my own bike is quite expensive. If there is a big range of bikes (sizes, makes, models) to rent I would rent.

would yo9u want a pool at the villa? not necessary - prefer natural Mediterranean water , unless the place is miles away from the see

if there was no pool would a hot tub suffice yes?

how many miles a day ( or week total ) would you like to ride? road or off road ?? On-60; off - 30-40

would you prefere self catering, b&b , or all meals included( cooked by an experianced chef) depends on the price, usually self catering or b&b ?

would you want a bar/ drinks included in your packageagain depends on the premium in the price, but not necessary

what size group do you usual travel with?me an my wife

cheers
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    it may be easier to set these questions up on something like survey monkey mate. easier for people to answer and you to collate the info.