track crossover

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited March 2016 in Pro race
Points race my favourite race

points race was brilliant tonight Dibben won in fine style.

Doull in other areas - what a talent he is .... do the olympics ...get on the road

Did I ever tell you I have 2 track student golds :D

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,205
    I'm still struggling with Dibben's final two laps. Where, exactly, did h change to a motorbike?

Doull was immense in trying to close the gap to Tennant in the last lap. From half a second down to a seriously close finish. He was huge in the TP as well, and would probably have taken gold if it wsn't for his efforts there. IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mclFTsmpaXI
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • I'm still struggling with Dibben's final two laps. Where, exactly, did h change to a motorbike?

Doull was immense in trying to close the gap to Tennant in the last lap. From half a second down to a seriously close finish. He was huge in the TP as well, and would probably have taken gold if it wsn't for his efforts there. IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mclFTsmpaXI

Gawd, dont even mention the word motorbike...

I've watched those last 2 laps over and over again, and I'm STILL rubbing me eyes....

Extraordinary

Dibbo's struggled at times in the past with the iron-like discipline needed off the bike that BC expect. Massive talent, huge engine, 6th in the 2014 U23 Worlds TT, but struggled with diet, that sorted of thing, and gawd knows he's been on the receiving end of a Shane bollocking or two. But he's really found his mojo since summer last year, I'd say, got his head down and worked like a dog. Bronze in the Europeans Omniyumyum last Oct - and that was thanks to his Points Race there. Started the event in 9th thanks to a poor Devil - his bogey event - but put in a hell of a ride, taking 2 laps.

Brilliant to see, Dibbo
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    I think after this week there may not be any more track crossover for Cavendish. Dibben is points world champion and you'd assume a better team pursuit rider. Cavendish will probably leave this event third choice unless he does something miraculous today.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Missed it last night as it.
    If the epg is correct, no replay on Eurosport.
    Now, all we get is video not available in your Country.

Have to make do with the couple of laps the Beeb with probably supply at lunchtime.

Stupid UCI rule.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    E

Have to make do with the couple of laps the Beeb with probably supply at lunchtime.

Stupid UCI rule.
    The BBC website has the last five or six laps. Unless you want the whole race that's the bit to watch.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Once again I'm struck at how difficult it is to find results/medal tables of big track meetings like the World Champs. When Wiki is the best bet then the UCI are doing something wrong.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    The_Boy wrote:
    Once again I'm struck at how difficult it is to find results/medal tables of big track meetings like the World Champs. When Wiki is the best bet then the UCI are doing something wrong.

They're not hard to find on the UCI website.

Ruth
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

They're not hard to find on the UCI website.

Ruth

Might be due to being on my phone, but the UCI site was pish to try and navigate so just resorted to checking wiki the following morning once kindly members of the public had updated it. Easy enough on a desktop right enough, but it's not 2010 anymore.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    cyclinghub.tv has track on when the TV stations don't. Quite why they have only been showing the evening session on TV is beyond me, it's the WC FFS.

Dibben's ride was immense, as were those of My Man Gaviria.
  • blazing_saddles
    RichN95 wrote:

Stupid UCI rule.
    The BBC website has the last five or six laps. Unless you want the whole race that's the bit to watch.

Ta very much. Will do nicely.
  • joelsim
    Not going to plan for Cav...
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,180
    Shall we talk about Ganna?
    Never seen anyone making up 3 seconds in as many laps... a beast! I hope he doesn't get swallowed up full time by the PRO peloton and retains a willingness to do a bit of track
    left the forum March 2023
  • joelsim
    Never seen anyone making up 3 seconds in as many laps... a beast! I hope he doesn't get swallowed up full time by the PRO peloton and retains a willingness to do a bit of track

Let's see how he goes on the road come August at Lampre.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,180
    it's in their interest to use him sparingly. Maybe the first 10-14 days of the Giro... no point doing the Tour, given there is no prologue and then full on track to go for gold at the Olympics. They should really try to develop him as a man for the cobbles or sprints in 3-5 years time... a la Cancellara or Kittel, depending how he develops
    left the forum March 2023
  • blazing_saddles
    Joelsim wrote:
    cyclinghub.tv has track on when the TV stations don't. Quite why they have only been showing the evening session on TV is beyond me, it's the WC FFS.

Dibben's ride was immense, as were those of My Man Gaviria.

Your man's flying lap was light on flying. :wink:
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    The_Boy wrote:
    Put tissot timing into Google and you'll get to their website, click on the world champs and you'll get the full reports/analysis of all events and all the rounds plus live timing of whatever race is happening. It works pretty well, best I've seen on the web.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    It was more that Weinstein imploded.

https://twitter.com/xavierdisley/status ... 8829503488
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Well you got the "Thread Title" correct as here we are with the World Track Championships and I presume the end of the season. !.
    Crossover for sure as it's Easter and in less than 3 weeks time we have the start of the GB Track Season @ The
    GOOD FRIDAY MEETING 2016.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Gaviria is on a different planet to the rest in this points race
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    That points race reminded me more of the world road race.
    Cav hands the golden gong to his Colombian ex team mate.
    Roger Kluge was the guy on a different planet for me.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Kluge was immense. Lasse Norman also did well to take two laps.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    What a shot of Kenny coming round that final bend mouth agape from the on board camera.
  • Cav and Wiggins party like its 2008. Phwoar!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • blazing_saddles
    Cav and Wiggins party like its 2008. Phwoar!

Nice of the Beeb to change their schedule at the eleventh hour, so the race wasn't on 2 for recording.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Why show two of our nation's greatest ever cyclists smashing it at the world championships when you can watch a dull Scotsman play tennis. Thanks BBC.

I still haven't seen Cav's crash. He looked very dazed when he got up though. How did he go down? And what a comeback!

On Dibben, I think that he was on a mega charge and the French rider must have blown up which made it look even more impressive
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    You get a good idea of Dibben's speed from this :-)

https://twitter.com/BritishCycling/stat ... 4724717568
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    2000008428.jpg

article-1342518603687-14050c5b000005dc-705854_466x310.jpg

20150816-Brad-Cav-3000-1.1439752096.jpg
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Paris-Roubaix stylie, 5 star rating for Daz's post
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Just watched the last 40 laps of the Madison again. D'you know, I think that's the first time I've seen SBW move his upper body on a bike. Bit of bobbing around towards the end of taking the lap. Stunning efforts! I was in Manc in 2008 when they did the same and it was insane in the 'drome, must have been incredible to be there yesterday
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen