Strade Bianche ***SPOILERS**

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
edited March 2016 in Pro race
EN_STRADE_riderslist.jpg

As an advert for the Tuscan tourist board, this race cannot be beaten. I recommend watching it with a chilled bottle of Tuscan white and an Insalate Capresi after the first Spring club run of the year (believe!)

Are ES showing it this year or is it a Sporza job again?

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/StradeBianche/en/

01.jpg
04.jpg
81B_8591-2.jpg
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    ddraver wrote:
    81B_8591-2.jpg
    Running over a ploughed field in cycling shoes? I'd love to see how this panned out :-)

I really like this race, I was supposed to be going to see it and do the sportive but real life stopped play.

Looks like it is on ES but not live unfortunately. Total social media blackout for me until 4:45pm. Unless I forget like I always do...
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Beautiful scenery and it's usually a good race as well.

I'm sure ES have shown it live the last few years so that's strange.
  • ddraver
    There must be a biatholon on or something...

Oh well, Dutchy goodness it is. It's karma for watching OHN in English last weekend
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    Probably the Malaysian tiddlywinks championship or something...
  • jmrr
    jmrr Posts: 19
    Seems to be live on Eurosport 2 (and Eurosport Player) at least here in Finland.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Running over a ploughed field in cycling shoes? I'd love to see how this panned out :-)
    Well in this photo he seems to be gaining on it....
    tumblr_nkytuiCCu11uo963jo3_1280.jpg

But in a later photo he appears not have caught it....
    tumblr_nkytuiCCu11uo963jo4_1280.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • jmrr wrote:
    Seems to be live on Eurosport 2 (and Eurosport Player) at least here in Finland.

Also live on Eurosport 2 in most parts of Europe, 14-15(13-15GMT)-15-30cet.
    Unfortunately, the one part of Europe that matters on this forum isn't included.
    No live coverage in the UK.
    Rai Sport 2 are the hosts. Their coverage schedule is 13-25-15-50cet.
    So, that's the same 70 odd minutes of coverage and an equal amount of Italian chin wag. 8)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Paul 8v
    RichN95 wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Well in this photo he seems to be gaining on it....
    tumblr_nkytuiCCu11uo963jo3_1280.jpg

But in a later photo he appears not have caught it....
    tumblr_nkytuiCCu11uo963jo4_1280.jpg
    Some farmer has got a lively rear wheel out of that. Shame the Italians are all on Campag :-)
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    It Is live on ESPlayer, but on one of their extra feeds, so that generally means no commentary.

For not much more than a pint, you can stream it to your PC, tablet or phone, really is a no brainer.
  • 6wheels wrote:
    It Is live on ESPlayer, but on one of their extra feeds, so that generally means no commentary.

For not much more than a pint, you can stream it to your PC, tablet or phone, really is a no brainer.

Every cloud and all that
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    The words from Gruber regarding bis pic of Viviani

he waited and waited...eventually, frustration got the better of him, and he tossed his wheel down. Nothing violent, just the normal ughhhh moment of a race lost to bad luck. Unfortunately for Viviani and his wheel - when the wheel bounced up, the wind caught it, and it was off to the races. He didn‘t win. I assume the wheel is either still rolling or far, far down the field.

Time to go look for a holiday in the region again
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • I often wonder what happened to John Lee Augustyn's Bianchi after he sailed off the side of the Col de Bonette
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Paul 8v
    Or the famous "Millercopter" bike
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Love this race and it isn't on ES - grrr it was last year wonder why not this year.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    6wheels wrote:

Or for free you can have a perfect feed with Kirby free-Italian commentary on your PC.............................
    .................providing the lovely link I've seen is still working come Saturday. :wink:
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    oh do tell :-)
  • ^Saddles has a satellite dish the size of Cardiff Bay that lets him pick up any channel going, including the pics from Tim Peake's stint up in the ISS
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    ^Saddles has a satellite dish the size of Cardiff Bay that lets him pick up any channel going, including the pics from Tim Peake's stint up in the ISS

It's not the same as being there, though is it? :wink:
    However, yes, I will be viewing on the big telebox, starting with Rai, but moving to Sporza HD as soon as they join.

Never fear, being the kind soul I am, I'll be posting the link just after midday Saturday. It does run 24/7 but does move from time to time. I don't want to jinx it.
    (I'm sure there will be others when the time comes)
  • ddraver
    - @ddraver
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    You've got three days left to get your 'unique' strade bianche badge on strava ;)
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    ddraver wrote:

Has there ever been a properly wet Strade Bianche?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    I don't think so. Evans' win on wet strade bianche was at the Giro.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    This on Sat or Sun??
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    This on Sat or Sun??
    Saturday, because Italy :)
  • rick_chasey
    Cheerz.

Being the misanthrope I am, unfortunately I have to spend time with people on Saturday. Pain.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Being the misanthrope I am, unfortunately I have to spend time with people on Saturday. Pain.
    After teasing you about missing Omloop I ended up missing it as I was visiting my Dad. This Saturday I'll be shopping in Birmingham and then attending my niece's 2nd birthday party.

I've actually put Flanders and Roubaix in the calendar my wife and I share. I'm booking my spot on the sofa and nothing's going to shift me!
  • ddraver
    Surprise Birthday Party tonight and the weather in NL looks utterly miserable so I suspect I ll have nothing else to do but sit on the sofa with a hangover :)
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Can't be a surprise birthday party if you already know about it ;)
  • ddraver
    Yeah it's not for me - the invitation was a bit of a surprise though :oops:
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    Wehay!