Which full mudguards for Cannondale Synapse Disc??

ricold
ricold Posts: 4
edited March 2016 in Road general
My wife's seen a heavily discounted 2015 carbon Cannondale Synapse Disc frameset & wants me to build it up for her as a winter bike.
I've told her she'd be better with a frame with proper guard mounts but she's asked me to looking to what guards could be fitted on a semi permanent basis.

What full guards would you recommend??

Comments

• marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    My wife has a aluminium 2015 Synapse disc and I used the old classic SKS Chromaplastic P35 - work just great.
  • ricold
    ricold Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply, but doesn't the alu frames have mounts - there are none on the carbon hence the post.
  • pitcaig
    pitcaig Posts: 39
    Hi
    I've just got myself a Cannondale Synapse Adventure Disc which comes with mudguards as standard, not sure if all Synapse frames have the same fixing points. But mine does have them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    ricold wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, but doesn't the alu frames have mounts - there are none on the carbon hence the post.

Apologies, I though Cannondale had mounts on all the Synapse framesets these days.

Cross that one off my list for my next frame then!
  • pitcaig
    pitcaig Posts: 39
    Just been into an Evans on the way home and I can confirm it looks like the alloy synapse has mounts and the carbon does not.

Cheers
  • Andyb10
    Andyb10 Posts: 126
    I used these on my Synapse disc with sks guards

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/axiom-mudgua ... prod34954/
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    If you want to fit full sks style mudguards on a carbon synapse, you'll need to get busy with zip ties and p clips.

Other than that your onto crud racer or sks raceblades I think they are called.

If it is not already bought and she is sure she wants full guards, might be worth reconsidering.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    PDW full metal fenders ;)
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey