team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited March 2016 in The bottom bracket
Cold innit :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Certainly is here, a sub zero ride into the office for me today. Very pretty with the low sun and ground frost though. Back in the office from now on as we go into the silly season. I'm starting at 7:30 every morning so I can go home and attend to the girl if necessary. Nothing going on with her today but will be taking her into school at some point for the rest of the week. Unfortunately that means I will have to drive in and no more communting this week.
    Onwards, to mediocrity...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh with the joys of training on software
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Lovely morning but work meh. My son knocked the laptop on the floor yesterday and a third of the screen has gone stripy. I'm not sure if that means that the screen or something else is damaged but I'm sure it's expensive, ho hum.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    seanoconn wrote:
    Lovely morning but work meh. My son knocked the laptop on the floor yesterday and a third of the screen has gone stripy. I'm not sure if that means that the screen or something else is damaged but I'm sure it's expensive, ho hum.

Can you plug in an external monitor? If that displays OK then it's almost certainly the screen.

I replaced the screen on our laptop after wife managed to break it when rushing to plug it in, fearing the battery was about to run out and abort her online shopping.

Loads on Ebay and it's quite an easy job.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    team47b wrote:

Which is partly the reason my wife is looking for a rural retreat in Portugal. I'm warming to the idea, but apart from a few holidays in the Algarve, neither of us know anything about the rest of the country, or the overseas property buying / owning malarkey.

Any tips anyone??
  • Don't expect it to make money or pay for itself.

Mild hangover today but nothing a bit of time won't heal. Should have been out on the bike this morning but everything was frozen so I stayed in bed.

Might go out tonight, might not.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    keef66 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Can you plug in an external monitor? If that displays OK then it's almost certainly the screen.

I replaced the screen on our laptop after wife managed to break it when rushing to plug it in, fearing the battery was about to run out
    and abort her online shopping.

Loads on Ebay and it's quite an easy job.
    Cheers keef, I'll try that.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    keef66 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Which is partly the reason my wife is looking for a rural retreat in Portugal. I'm warming to the idea, but apart from a few holidays in the Algarve, neither of us know anything about the rest of the country, or the overseas property buying / owning malarkey.

Any tips anyone??

The further north in Portugal you go the colder it gets and the cheaper the properties and the stronger the wine and the further away you get from me, many advantages to consider :D

Do you have to do this before your referendum? :D

(But seriously, pm me if you want any specifics)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Certainly is here, a sub zero ride into the office for me today. Very pretty with the low sun and ground frost though.
    Likewise, did wake me up a bit.

The trouble 'n' strife has dropped the car in for some repairs and maintenance which predictably has turned out to be expensive. In other news I was slightly late for work as the hound managed to snaffle a (thankfully unused) female sanitary product from the bathroom and then proceeded to treat it as a 'catch me if you can' game. I tried not to laugh as wifey chased him round the lounge and stropteen looked very embarrassed :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Cold ride in this morning but was really nice, hardly any wind which is rare these days! the rest of the week is looking pretty horrible! I really need spring and soon!

upgraded my cheap cube frame with discounted ribble forks to ultegra 6800 over the weekend and some new wheels and was a joy to ride!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Bah. Me work me. Started at 7am and finished at 3.30, non-stop apart from picking up a BLT, slice of coffee cake and a Latte to eat on the go.
    T minus 21 days. Yippee. Then I can sign off form the Presbyterian work ethic for a while and do some quality shirking.

Now to make an Amaretto Torte then put the dinner on for steak pie, mash and trees.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Bah. Me work me. Started at 7am and finished at 3.30, non-stop apart from picking up a BLT, slice of coffee cake and a Latte to eat on the go.
    T minus 21 days. Yippee. Then I can sign off form the Presbyterian work ethic for a while and do some quality shirking.

Now to make an Amaretto Torte then put the dinner on for steak pie, mash and trees.

Laters.
    Non-stop until 3.30 eh. Shall we give you the 'Arran gold star' for sheer hard work? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    In Mayfair for 9 to attend a conference. Heading home now on the train, couldn't face the slop at Euston they call food and the train is no better for quality.

Looking forward to a hot shower and thankful I don't work in the city.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    In Mayfair for 9 to attend a conference.
    Looks like Pinno might have to fight for the Arran gold star.
  • Wooo, been for a run and now grilling some lamb chops!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    Wooo, been for a run and now grilling some lamb chops!
    I hope you're not wasting the fat on those chops?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.
    Non-stop until 3.30 eh. Shall we give you the 'Arran gold star' for sheer hard work? :wink:

8 hours and 30 mins of humping oil and cans plus driving 215 miles?

Time's running out for that volunteers week.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:

He's sending it to Stevo for Mutley
  • Stevo_666
    And where is flaneur? Did he forget to nail the plank across his ar$e this weekend and fall in?
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

All donations welcome, he will eat literally anything.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    And where is flaneur? Did he forget to nail the plank across his ar$e this weekend and fall in?

He may have planned that.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

All donations welcome, he will eat literally anything.
    Seems Stevo's mutt has something in common with my boy.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

He may have planned that.
    Let's see if there's an echo when he posts.
  • veronese68
    I've not troubled PW77 for the shirkers award today. Just sat down having been on the go since 7am. Started work at 7:30 had a 20 minute break to eat a sandwich then finished at 5:30. Quick pedal home shower, change and off to pick the girl up. Drop her home then straight back out for dinner with one of the bosses over from the US. Thankfully he's a lightweight so early finish ready for another 7:30 start tomorrow.
    Yet compared to TLW's days that sounds remarkably easy.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

Was that tongue in cheek VN? I think TLW deserves the shirker of the day award and you can lay claim to actually having a long day and doing something. How do you feel? Speech for us all please.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Was that tongue in cheek VN? I think TLW deserves the shirker of the day award and you can lay claim to actually having a long day and doing something. How do you feel? Speech for us all please.

Well called pinno - yesterday just felt a long day
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Was that tongue in cheek VN?
    Not at all. I usually have it really easy and by my standards that was a long day. TLW may have had a day of snoozing through a training course but his usual days of up early and meetings away really do not appeal to me in the slightest.