Ban the Bike UK

banthebike
banthebike Posts: 2
edited March 2016 in Road general
Ban The Bike calls for a compulsory cyclist training, compulsory identification objects, compulsory insurance! Help us take the first step towards the solution of this issue by signing our petition.
We want cyclists to be responsible on the road, accountable for their actions and our roads safe again!

Visit our website http://www.banthebike.com to let you prove that some cyclist are causing danger on the road.
Sign the petition here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/113374

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Oh - this'll go well (grabs pop corn)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    kp8te.gif

This is going to be like Trump at a Mexican festival
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Wow, what a great idea :roll:

I assume you will be launching similar campaigns for walkers, horse riders, runners etc?
  • Look at your headline on your site. It's the first thing anyone sees. Think about what it says.

If you're serious about what you say do consider that headline and whether it makes any sense. ;)
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Man that website is an appalling reflection on the UK Education system...

(great work Step on using the best gif on the web...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • jrich
    jrich Posts: 278
    edited February 2016
    ddraver - I concur!

@ Banthebike - If that's the best work you can produce after 10+ years of education then I really don't think I few weeks training is going to be of any benefit to cyclists.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    ddraver wrote:
    Man that website is an appalling reflection on the UK Education system...

(great work Step on using the best gif on the web...)

I aim to please 8)

I hadnt clicked on the link fearing some clickbait crap, turns out I wasnt far off head line of
    Every year around 70000 accidents are involved with cyclists

Which year and country? Please use grammer as well with links to your sources.

Unfortunately coming to a site for cyclists where i'll dare say most of us have had incidents with other road users i'snt going to go down to well.

Mean time I'm going to draft up my petition to ban vending machines, on average two people a year in the US are killed by these monstrous devices.
  • 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    World class trolling...a dedicated site, a petition, terrible English...everything you could want and more.
  • What would be REALLY funny would be to check who registered the site and whether, for example, they were involved in sport in some way. Perhaps nutrition?
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Oh come on, its got to be legit, he supports Fleetwood Town fc.
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    "I will try my best to make to most out of every situation" - LinkedIn profile, inspiring.
  • The instagram images are a hoot - people with a backwards baseball cap on to make them look dodgy. He's only got 11 signatures so far....
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    What a c*ckwomble.

We want cyclists to be responsible on the road, accountable for their actions and our roads safe again!

Yeah cos its always cyclists that kill motorists by colliding with them isn't it ?

And motorists are meant to have passed tests, have licences, and still they manage to crash, kill and maim innocent bystanders and themselves in great numbers.

You're not very bright are you ?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    What would be REALLY funny would be to check who registered the site and whether, for example, they were involved in sport in some way. Perhaps nutrition?
    but someone would not be such a troll would they?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I propose a BR forum rule where new members need to post 10+ posts before they can do links to other sites.;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    How much money and time did you waste on that site ?
  • mo-ron
    left the forum March 2023
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Banthebike - get back to keeping those s0dding goats in check - they're running riot over that bridge of yours
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • stretchy
    stretchy Posts: 149
    edited February 2016
    Why would you call yourself "Ban the Bike" if you aren't actually campaigning to ban bikes?

The irony of the line "think they are kings of the road" is amazing. You actually do seem to think you are the king of the road so why do you make out it's everyone else that thinks they own the road? There were 18 pedestrian deaths in 8 years, how many pedestrians are killed by cars? I see people breaking the law driving all the time and you are worried about a cyclist running a red light (which i rarely see). "Make our roads safe again"... wait, aren't they the safest they have ever been? What a ridiculous statement.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    stretchy wrote:
    Why would you call yourself "Ban the Bike" if you aren't actually campaigning to ban bikes?
    Because he's not very bright.
  • stretchy
    stretchy Posts: 149
    Veronese68 wrote:
    stretchy wrote:

My bad :lol:
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,688
    Veronese68 wrote:
    stretchy wrote:
    Maybe his other site is "Ban the Car", which he's publicising on Petrolheads.
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    banthebike wrote:
    Sign the petition here:
    Signed.
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • vimfuego
    Man he's doing well. 11 signatures. Just the 99,989 to go my friend.....
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    If you are to start a campaign to ban vending machines on a similar wagon, you need to think about KSI not just killed. In that manner you can claim all obesity related deaths. As we know vending machines are full of sugar, crisps and chocolate. We know that fatties love sugar crisps and chocolate - therefore vending machines are costing the NHS £5bn a year.

I love the cyclist nearly causes an accident clip - it should be called tool finds a bicycle.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    vimfuego wrote:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I would reply but it is pointless as that is the last we'll see of that user. Shame, I had some constructive fedback too
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Oh, you can submit a story.......
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • vimfuego
    edited February 2016
    Imposter wrote:
    vimfuego wrote:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

The Proclaimers will still get there first
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    and the story submissions are unmoderated......
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500