Hope Pro2 evo creak

eric_draven
eric_draven Posts: 1,192
edited February 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a Pro2 Evo rear hub in a new wheelset that is creaking like bugger,could anyone tell me what part to put some more grease in to stop it,it's starting to annoy me

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Could be dead bearings in which case they need replacing.
  • eric_draven
    Brand new hubs so bearings should be ok,had some before only way i cured them was by putting a 135x10 QR axle in then ot get a bit more tension on them,now have a 142x12,don't want to do it that tight
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    are you sure the axle is tight enough?
    Does it come loose?
    some times spokes do creak when too tight or loose, rim side and hub side,
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    have you checked that the adaptors your using on the wheel are fitted correctly?

My new pro2 evo hub doesn't do this and could be something simple like a little grease on the adaptors for the quick release or 10mm axle your using?

Dead bearings wouldn't creak would they thought they would sound really rough when spinning the wheel if they were bad?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Dead bearings can creak in hubs, just like they do in bottom brackets.
  • eric_draven
    took it apart Sunday put a bit more grease in it,and on the adaptors,ride quiet as now

Rockmonkey is right dead bearings can make a right noise when they have gone