Freezing Friday

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,977
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Up early as MrsHD is spinning and as its dry I might as well start the routine of a 6am wake up, 35km ride then off to work.

It's cold but it's not icey on the roads!

Taking the boy to see Dynamo tonight in Sheffield so fingers crossed its a good show.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    I'm in the office so a slightly chilly ride in this morning. Nobody tried to kill me and the traffic wasn't too bad. Went for a real coffee at my mate's place and they were still shut. Presumably the lazy fooker was running late. No more working from home as we are entering the silly season here. I'm going to be starting earlier so I can get home in the middle of the day and ferry the girl about and generally look after her as well. I think it might be hard work.
    Fryday is dead piggy day so off to the cafe for me later.
  • On the subject of dead, my dead will be of the chicken variety and as the salad is no longer attached to its roots I think we can safely say thats also dead.

Enjoyable ride this morning, descending the longest uninterupted gradient in England fully layered up so not cold at all. Very nice.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Me coughing me. Think I need another toof out but as it probably isn't as long as some I have heard of, should be less problematic.

More generator fixing fun later.

Need more non-genuine coffee that has genuine coffee in it.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Wasting time until I can chip off early to commence drinking and riding down in Ambleside
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice ride in this morning, enjoying the shorter commute but my fitness is missing those miles

Later is Friday, so ring the bell on the house and go to the pub :)
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Think I need another toof out but as it probably isn't as long as some I have heard of, should be less problematic.
    I doubt it could be more problematic. :evil:
    I still have snot dribbling slowly through the hole into my mouth. Adds flavour to anything I eat.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Think I need another toof out but as it probably isn't as long as some I have heard of, should be less problematic.
    I still have snot dribbling slowly through the hole into my mouth. Adds flavour to anything I eat.

Even the wife :)
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Yes it was chilly, but as it's dry and with no wind, I've been up on the roof fixing the radio telescope.

Just for a change, this was a piece of cake. Everything went so smoothly that I'm sure we've forgotten something, despite standing there for ten minutes just looking at it and wondering why we're an hour ahead of schedule.

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Use some silicone sealant (sanitary grade).
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Finally got the minions annual appraisals sorted and have to decide in pay rises next week. The joys. No bacon for me today but I did manage a ham and egg sarni.

Now off home to chill out and drink vodka.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Too much?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Yay it's Seano. What's the craic?

Black Coffee or latte?
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Too much?
    Is there such a thing as too much?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pinno wrote:

Black Coffee or latte?
    I won't be up for long as I'm drinking tequila with the Missus and it's nearly sex o'clock.

Hmmm, instantant coffee with hot water and milk?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Black Coffee or latte?
    I won't be up for long as I'm drinking tequila with the Missus and it's nearly sex o'clock.

Hmmm, instantant coffee with hot water and milk?

That's a poor double shot at being antagonistic. Fail.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Too much?
    Is there such a thing as too much?

Well called