The official "It doesn't come past my house" ToB 2016 thread

No_Ta_Doctor
No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
edited March 2016 in Pro race
Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Lots of big transfers. And it doesn't come past my house, either.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Not quite past my house, but close enough.

Looking forwards to seeing their efforts on strava up pexhill, cat and fiddle and through tatton...
  • cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    Nor mine.

But the Tour de France does. Hooray!
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Stage 4 comes very close to my home
    :-)

I am taking the week off this year to follow it though (at least that's the plan).
  • Stage 3 is very close to me! Ride a lot of those roads daily.
  • Looks like stage 3 goes past mine (nearly) twice if they do that loop . I was in Tatton Park today - beautiful day . Always thought it would make a good cross circuit - even a worlds!
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    The almost unavailability of Yorkshire must have a big impact on the route options.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • dov2711
    dov2711 Posts: 131
    Happy enough with this as it includes Scotland with 2 stages within reach. Nowhere near my house but in my Country which isn't always the case so fair enough by me.
  • From what I've heard stage one starts about 200 meters from my house.
  • Stage 3 is quite close to my house, but stages 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7a, 7b & 8 are no where near. Bloody Mick Bennett!
  • Are they going over the wizard on the way to the cat on stage 3?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    It looks like it goes very close to a house I lived in as a student
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Stage 5 passes about 12 miles from my place and finishes 14 miles from my place. Stages 7a & 7b are much closer, within a mile and and the starts/finishes are 2 miles away and I'm already on holiday too. Strangely when it was in Bristol previously I didn't go out on the roadside but went out to the bottom of Brassknocker for the Bath start.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Nowhere near my house...

Does go over whinlatter though, so my top 3 on strava up there is gubbed.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Are they going over the wizard on the way to the cat on stage 3?

can't tell off the map I can see but it's a good bet - then Prestbury Bollington? and round the back of Macc - looks like they join the Cat further up?
  • peteb0
    peteb0 Posts: 58
    Stage 5 goes through within a km of my house, and stage 7 is just down the road in Bristol. Already planned to be off work but we might be overseas, doh!
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    ha... goes past my Gran's again... might ride some of that route at Easter. No where near my house though...
  • can't tell off the map I can see but it's a good bet - then Prestbury Bollington? and round the back of Macc - looks like they join the Cat further up?

It's not easy to see on the map, I thought it may go through Prestbury, then into macc town centre. Looks to me like they start the cat at the bottom but come off near Ankers lane and head towards wildboarclough?
    Maybe the actual route will still be tweaked over the next few months.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Stage 3 is near my new place and Stage 7 is near my parents (and on a Saturday so I'll probably go down)
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    Stage 5 must come within a km or so of my house, and the Bristol stages, on a Saturday, are only down the road, so it gets a thumbs up from me.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Still think they should race the 3 Pistes route though.

Pitlochry would be a fine start town, Cairngorm ski centre's big enough for an MTF and Aviemore has plenty of accommodation.
  • Stage 4 stops 45 minutes short of me, while stage 5 starts 30 minutes passed, thus carefully avoiding all the main lumpy bits in between. :(
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Stage 3 comes very close to me. Based on local knowledge and the look of the very vague map they've released, I had a go at drawing the route as a Strava route. The shape and distance look pretty close, but it's only guessing really. I've no idea about the bit between Knutsford & Macc as I've not ridden those roads recently., but I think the rest isn't too far off

Shame to come so close to Mow Cop and not use it

Feel free to suggest where I've gone wrong

https://www.strava.com/routes/4220984
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • IC. wrote:
    Stage 3 comes very close to me. Based on local knowledge and the look of the very vague map they've released, I had a go at drawing the route as a Strava route. The shape and distance look pretty close, but it's only guessing really. I've no idea about the bit between Knutsford & Macc as I've not ridden those roads recently., but I think the rest isn't too far off

Shame to come so close to Mow Cop and not use it

Feel free to suggest where I've gone wrong

https://www.strava.com/routes/4220984

Looks pretty good to me, I'd love to see them go over the brickworks.
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Will be taking in stage 7 hopefully while on a long week-end in Brizzle.

Also will be in that Naaaridge for the Womens tour;hopefully Lizzie and Marrianne will be there :oops: :D ,the other half is hoping for Kittel at the TOB :roll:
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • Stage 6 goes past the Mrs house on the way up to Haytor so that'll do!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Meh, I live a 20 min ride into Westminster.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    It goes past mine about 160 times. Better not be too much noise.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    So basically, it goes past almost everyone's house but mine?

They must be reading this forum and noting down names and locations...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format