Can I sell unwanted tickets?

ooermissus
ooermissus Posts: 811
edited February 2016 in Road general
I've tickets for various days of the Track Cycling Champs - but I can't get to London for the Wednesday now and need to sell 4 good tickets on - face value - no mark up. Have had a look at the extremely forbidding rules for classifieds section and can't work out where/whether I can post the tickets for sale. Anyone understand the rules better than me?

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    imho the classified section doesn't have a category that fits tickets, so on that basis it might be breaking the rules

you could put them on ebay and use the "all ebay listings" forum to reference it as that says "Selling something on Ebay? list it here."
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • OK thanks. I preferred to sell within the board as I know people here will be interested - but you're probably right ebay is better.
  • milleman
    milleman Posts: 181
    I would be wary of selling tickets on eBay, I tried to sell some tickets to an event last year that I couldn't attend. Within a few hours of my posting them on eBay they were removed and I was sent a VERY snotty email from eBay informing me that I had broken their terms and conditions.
    It's all to do with stopping ticket touts apparently, the upshot was instead or recouping a small amount of my money they went in the bin, wasn't happy....
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    milleman wrote:
    I would be wary of selling tickets on eBay, I tried to sell some tickets to an event last year that I couldn't attend. Within a few hours of my posting them on eBay they were removed and I was sent a VERY snotty email from eBay informing me that I had broken their terms and conditions.
    It's all to do with stopping ticket touts apparently, the upshot was instead or recouping a small amount of my money they went in the bin, wasn't happy....
    Yeah, I've had that, and then messages from other members saying that eBay won't allow it, but never mind they'd like to help by taking them off my hands, offering about half the value.
    B@st@rds - can't imagine who reported my listings to eBay :evil:
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    Whats the details? Could be interested.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    First check if the tickets are transferable - if not and the person you sell them to has a problem, you'd be liable.