Help wtih Zwift low power output

Alugenius
Alugenius Posts: 21
edited February 2016 in Road general
Hi,

I downloaded Zwift last night to try it out. I couldn't get higher than about 40watts pedalling like a maniac. And my top speed was around 10mph. Now i'm no pro cyclist but I am definitely better than that.

Im using a:
-Tacx Vortex smart trainer with supplied Tacx Ant+ dongle.
-Apple Imac with dual core 3.06 GHz Intel "Core i3" I3-540 (Clarkdale) processor with a dedicated 256k level 2 cache for each core and a 4 MB shared level 3 cache and ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR3 memory.
- Carbon Road bike with 25mm tyres

Using the Tacx App it appears to display the correct watts, av' speed etc so it appears to be isolated to Zwift

Any advice guys. I cant figure it out.

thanks

Comments

• First make sure you've connected it all correctly. You should connect your power source (the trainer), your HRM if you have one, cadence, and 'controllable trainer', you should NOT connect a speed sensor.

Plus you should also ensure that the Tacx app is NOT running on your phone. Switch it off to be sure as otherwise it defaults to that.
  • First make sure you've connected it all correctly. You should connect your power source (the trainer), your HRM if you have one, cadence, and 'controllable trainer', you should NOT connect a speed sensor.

Plus you should also ensure that the Tacx app is NOT running on your phone. Switch it off to be sure as otherwise it defaults to that.

Thanks Mark,

I will try switching off the TACX app off tonight and see if that makes a difference. Im not using a HR monitor or cadence sensor or speed sensor. I am literally just trying it out with the TACX vortex, Ant+ antenna and Imac.

Thanks for your help