Bottle cage mount

C2gd169
C2gd169 Posts: 6
edited February 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
I fear this post may prove to be in vain,but I'd thought I'd give it shot. One of the bolts of my bottle cage mount on my downtube has become tuck in the frame. I can still turn the bolt itself but it does not loosen or tighten. Is there any possible solution here?
Cheers
C

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so the rivnut has come loose?

needs holding and the bolt removing and the the rivnut replacing.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Difficult one. Try and get it soaked in wd40 overnight then apply 'outward' pressure whilst gently undoing with pliers. Or heat; Apply a moderate amount of heat. Given the proximity of the frame a soldering iron tip on the bolt head would be best if done carefully...especially if it's a carbon frame. Then try the outward pressure with pliers again. Or. Lower the temperate of the bolt. You can get cans of special spray to do this. The issue once again is the frame so it would have to be protected from the spay.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I don't think 22 has understood the problem, go with what Nick has said.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.