Guess who's back..

Comments

• not so slim and shady?
    hautacam1996%232.jpg
  • Thought it was going to be the French one!
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Seems to be a lot of confusion over the team he is creating.

I posted a link the other day to an article claiming he is not taking over tinkoff and starting a whole new team. This report suggests he will take over the tinkoff licence, contradicting that.

At least we don't have long to wait, his press conference is tomorrow!

I imagine it will cause quite a stir, him coming back in to the sport...
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Thought it was going to be the French one!
    Haha!! That was my immediate thought! Bet he can't stay away past the first couple of races.... :mrgreen:
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Well he's still reading the boards, but whether or not he returns as an active poster remains to be seen.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • redvision
    Pretty underwhelming press conference from Mr Riis.
    Great to see ambition of a self sufficient team that isn't reliant upon sponsors though.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    How is a team self sufficient without sponsors?

Riis is a great DS. Cycling is better when he's behind the wheel.
  • redvision
    How is a team self sufficient without sponsors?

That's the big question.

I guess he wants to change the current situation, that when a sponsor withdraws the team is vulnerable unless a new sponsorship is found.

Whether or not this is possible we will have to wait and see.