Supersix Evo Hi Mod Nano

src1
src1 Posts: 301
edited May 2017 in Your road bikes
This arrived last week:
IMG_20160219_121238.jpg

Now beginning to take shape:
IMG_0006.jpg

Dura Ace 9000 chainset or the SISL2 chainset it came with?

Comments

• Ooooh!.......this is gonna be good.............(drum roll maestro....)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Use the SiSl2!!!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Is that a wooden turtle on a sofa?!?

Can't wait to see this one built up ;)
  • src1
    Yep, wooden turtle. Doesn't everyone have one? ;)

Cannondale supply the chainset in bits but none of the special tools needed, so just waiting for those to arrive.

Plain black bar tape or something like the the fizik bar tape that's black with white writing?
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    SRC1 wrote:
    Yep, wooden turtle. Doesn't everyone have one? ;)

Of course, but I don't allow ours up on the sofa :lol:

Beautiful frame btw! The bike will look the part when finished.
  • src1
    I'll have a quiet word with him. I think he flipped up there when I wasn't looking.

Currently wondering how to get a small amount of colour in the build or whether to just go entirely black.
  • napoleond
    I it'd look ace either all black or with matching tan leather bar tape and saddle :)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Stunner on the way !
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Having picked out accents of Green on my Non Hi Mod Evo six, which is White Black and Grey! Crank Bolts ( not chain ring bolts) , Cassette Locking Nut , Cable end Crimps and Bar tape. I regret doing so, Once I ve purchased some new bars ( Looking For Ergo Novas or Aero Novas on the cheap) The black D.S,P bar tape will be going on and the Green F.S.A stem and seat post are going for Stealth black 3t kit.

So Personally I d stay with the Black , but like NAPd's idea of Tan and Probably Gum Walls, Might take the plunge and get the guys at No Quarter Paint to spray mine Matt Black.

164_zpsatrofzjp.jpg

P.S if you don't use the SISL2 let us know what your doing with it please
  • src1
    164_zpsatrofzjp.jpg

That looks really nice, a bit more interesting than mine. The only thing I'd change is the bartape to black.

I'll let you know if I decide against the SISL2 chainset, but currently planning to fit it.
  • tim_wand
    SRC1 wrote:
    164_zpsatrofzjp.jpg

That looks really nice, a bit more interesting than mine. The only thing I'd change is the bartape to black.

I'll let you know if I decide against the SISL2 chainset, but currently planning to fit it.

Yep first plan when new bars are acquired is a change to black Lizard Skin D.S.P. , Would change it now but don't want to wrap old bars only to swap them out.

With regards to chainsets, one of the things that worried me with PF 30 was squeaks and Clicks, ( Anecdotal from others experience) so fitted the Shimano with a Wheels Manufacturing adapter which threads together in the middle, and I must say its been flawless.

However having seen the SISL2 on a Mates Synapse, its a far better looking ( and lighter) chainset.

Any way, Your Thread look forward to seeing the Finished Build.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Use the SiSl and stealthificate it nate.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • tim wand wrote:
    SRC1 wrote:
    164_zpsatrofzjp.jpg

Yep first plan when new bars are acquired is a change to black Lizard Skin D.S.P. , Would change it now but don't want to wrap old bars only to swap them out.

Hey Tim, sorry to butt in, but if you like the saddle and want to pick a bit of an accent, have you seen Supacaz Cavendish?

Bit pricy, but not way out compared to DSP. There are two slightly different ones
    https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/supacaz-super-sticky-kush-handlebar-tape-p295832?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6bq2BRC6ppf0_83Z1YIBEiQAgPYNvaCmwIs78fq5GqK5GbmCOGeS7xFkUYDCnVVD-pvfIroaAoFH8P8HAQ

Supacaz-Cavendish-SUPER-STICKY-KUSH-Bar-Tape-Bar-Tape-Cavendish-Print-SC-BT-024-0.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7
    146220.jpg

https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/supacaz-handlebar-tape-super-sticky-neon-greene-print-neon-greene-handlebar-plug?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6bq2BRC6ppf0_83Z1YIBEiQAgPYNvTiuhvjq6EF8RK646IsiA-E3FeSANOrtNrmOqza1MIMaAvKx8P8HAQ
  • tim_wand
    andytee87 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    SRC1 wrote:
    164_zpsatrofzjp.jpg

Hey Tim, sorry to butt in, but if you like the saddle and want to pick a bit of an accent, have you seen Supacaz Cavendish?

Bit pricy, but not way out compared to DSP. There are two slightly different ones
    https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/supacaz-super-sticky-kush-handlebar-tape-p295832?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6bq2BRC6ppf0_83Z1YIBEiQAgPYNvaCmwIs78fq5GqK5GbmCOGeS7xFkUYDCnVVD-pvfIroaAoFH8P8HAQ

Supacaz-Cavendish-SUPER-STICKY-KUSH-Bar-Tape-Bar-Tape-Cavendish-Print-SC-BT-024-0.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7
    146220.jpg

https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/supacaz-handlebar-tape-super-sticky-neon-greene-print-neon-greene-handlebar-plug?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6bq2BRC6ppf0_83Z1YIBEiQAgPYNvTiuhvjq6EF8RK646IsiA-E3FeSANOrtNrmOqza1MIMaAvKx8P8HAQ

Yer thanks. Seen and still being considered. ( was in C plus I think and I had the same thoughts as you ) Going to get off this lads thread now , as it should be all about His Build, And I hoping Hell come back on with Something Awesome soon :wink:
  • jrich
    jrich Posts: 278
    Ohhhhhhh Lordy - that's gonna be an absolute beauty! Everything a road bike should be.

Definitely the SISL2 chainset, keep it stealthy and understated and beautiful. The Dura Ace will be too garish i feel.
  • Definitely the SiSl2. I have the mere Si2. I can't believe, googling them, how much they're worth.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • src1
    Thanks all and no worries on thread drift! :)

I'm fitting the SISL2 cranks, just waiting for the right installation cups to press in the bearings.

What's the general consensus for a new install of press in alu cups into a carbon BB?
    1. Loctite
    2. Grease
    3. Anti-seize
    4. Nothing
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    No no no to the tan tape and saddle, personally I would introduce something like a blue with a Fizik saddle with a blue stripe and then the dual colour bar-tape with black and blue, then keep the rest stealth
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Not blue :(
  • SRC1 wrote:

I'm fitting the SISL2 cranks, just waiting for the right installation cups to press in the bearings.

What's the general consensus for a new install of press in alu cups into a carbon BB?
    1. Loctite
    2. Grease
    3. Anti-seize
    4. Nothing

Hi SRC1,

Either dry (nothing) or Loctite, don't use grease or anti-seize. I just got my Campag UT cups pressed in this morning at my LBS with Loctite applied. Better do it right & minimise any issues down the line.

Good luck & enjoy, sweet frame by the way!

Cheers
  • tim_wand
    SRC1 wrote:

1. Loctite
    2. Grease
    3. Anti-seize
    4. Nothing

Getting mine out, even with the correct Park BB Tool was a chore, there was no evidence of any kind of Loctite , anti seize or grease. Personally Id go with option 4 , and if squeaks developed then try option 1. I speak only from experience of the reverse process and knowing that the carbon around the BB shell is very thin as well as the paint.
  • src1
    Thanks chaps, have just fitted the bottom bracket using a lifeline BB press. No grease on the cups, they went in fine, just hoping I don't get any creaks.

Weight as seen is 5.5Kg, just need to cut the steerer tube, fit the chain, pedals, bottle cages and bar tape.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg
  • tim_wand
    That looks absolutely awesome. You were so right to go with the SISL2 ( Defo going to have to source one now ).

How abouts a KMC 11 SL Chain in Gold, or have you already got your chain sorted?
  • src1
    tim wand wrote:
    That looks absolutely awesome. You were so right to go with the SISL2 ( Defo going to have to source one now ).

How abouts a KMC 11 SL Chain in Gold, or have you already got your chain sorted?

I've already got a standard Shimano DA chain, but when it needs replacing I might got with the KMC. Also have got black bar tape - it's not going to have a lot of colour in it.

Can't wait to ride it though!
  • It looks well does that.
    D/Ace chain will run quieter than KMC from what I hear btw.
  • napoleond
    Yep, going to be fantastic that!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Deda was a nice choice. I have to change my 44cm bars so that would seem the time to change the cockpit and seatpost. I'd considered FSA green (my six is green) but there's not much of that anymore. The Deda 35 has too much red. The Superlegerra stuff looks like the ticket.
  • src1
    Deda was a nice choice. I have to change my 44cm bars so that would seem the time to change the cockpit and seatpost. I'd considered FSA green (my six is green) but there's not much of that anymore. The Deda 35 has too much red. The Superlegerra stuff looks like the ticket.

I know I like the shape of Deda bars, so quite an easy choice for me. The polish finish matches the frame quite well and the bit of red is a welcome flash of colour. It also matches my preferred cycling kit :D

The Superleggera stuff is nice, but it's not cheap :shock:

Has FSA dropped the SL-K finishing kit in green?
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Seem to have. Can't find much of it about. At least not all three pieces I'd need. They don't do the OS-99 in it either. Might see if there's an SLK around
  • src1
    I knew it would be light, but I wasn't expecting this. Minus bar tape and bottle cages the build is now complete; All up weight including pedals is dead on 6Kg.