The 'You had better hurry up' Wednesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2016 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Today is Wednesday, it is rubbish as it's just as far from the end of the week as the start of it. Meh,

Had my Appraisal yesterday. It was interesting. Basically, my boss is retiring in the summer, and has no plans of staying at all (in fact, she's planning on working in Oman for 2 months!). I was telling her of an idea of how I can possibly take over another department into my own, and she thinks it's a good idea, and wished me luck. Watch this space...

Anywho, work, home, food, sleep.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TKM - then you can have more minions!

Later start as I'm working in the local branch for the first time - going to see what it's like to ride there, looking out of the window, I think the answer is cold

Later is house stuff as we went to the pub last night
  • Morning Fungtards!

Afternoon off! im off to Cwm any welsh boys around are welcome to join me and laugh at my inferior fitness.

Laters
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning Ladies,

Didn't play football last night but watched it instead - not bad result at all !!

Office time now and off to Welwyn GC later on this morning.

Off to Sardinia for 3-day weekend to celebrate my birthday on Friday!!!

HAve a nice day chaps.

Chris
  • TLW1 wrote:
    That's the plan. Hopefully they will make the pain of the retard one (who's sat near me, staring at a screen. I think he's trying to read :roll: )
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    TLW1 wrote:
    That's the plan. Hopefully they will make the pain of the retard one (who's sat near me, staring at a screen. I think he's trying to read :roll: )

Has he turned it on?

Im back at work today, surviving on crap coffee for now. Uncle had a stroke at the weekend but appears to be OK hes moaning about the food but cant walk which is common (both the moaning and being unable to walk) so see how he goes but so far so good, hes in the Royal free though where the Ebola nurse has been taken so who knows.

Work wise usual crap occurring though someones enabled a function on MS Lync called "persistent chat" which im renaming persistently annoying. My hardware rollout project is nearly over only 30 installs this week compared to last weeks 200.
    Noisy minion is still noisy and creepy heard him say to someone on the phone he likes their voice, this coming from a man who sounds remarkably like Arthur Daily if he lived in Essex is disturbing.

Other news. I started on a project bike one of my old frames, going to see about beating rookies lightweight hardtail my maths using a sleep deprived head comes in at road bike weights some how but we will see. Going to get some proper scales at the weekend an see what happens been using manufacturers quoted weights so far as the luggage scales I have never give the same figure twice an wont weigh anything below a kilo.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,
    Got a puncture on the way to work this morning. Was 5 miles into a 10 mile ride so set off walking, 2 miles later some dude gave me a tube so I got to work a bit faster.
    Anyway, mornings are a write off anyway. At lunch I'm going phone shopping, yesterdays phone shopping failed as I wasn't carrying ID. Any ideas on what's a good phone these days? I'm probably going to get the sony xperia z5.
    I've got some hours to make up so I might do some work to get me through the afternoon.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Get a raw android phone like the nexus or Motorola, its the best android experience you can have.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon all.
    Busy morning of ferrying daughter around so not much work has been done. Really should pull my finger out. Going t watch Deadpool tonight, followed by beer.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon all.
    Busy morning of ferrying daughter around so not much work has been done. Really should pull my finger out. Going t watch Deadpool tonight, followed by beer.

Well it is Wednesday
  • oodboo
    Get a raw android phone like the nexus or Motorola, its the best android experience you can have.
    Stick with the plan and got the z5. Nexus might be the best android but but they're not the best specs or best looking phones.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Evenin'

I recruited a minion today, starts next week. The evil empire grows. And I had a good pedal in and out of work so things arent too bad right now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon all.
    Busy morning of ferrying daughter around so not much work has been done. Really should pull my finger out.
    I hope the latter sentence is nothing to do with the first...
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • oodboo wrote:
    Get a raw android phone like the nexus or Motorola, its the best android experience you can have.
    Stick with the plan and got the z5. Nexus might be the best android but but they're not the best specs or best looking phones.

Can have the best spec you like, still runs like a dog with all the bloatwear and poor front end.. and slow android updates are totally annoying.
  • oodboo
    oodboo wrote:

Can have the best spec you like, still runs like a dog with all the bloatwear and poor front end.. and slow android updates are totally annoying.
    At least I didn't get an iPhone 8)

Strava
  • good point.. well made.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon all.
    Busy morning of ferrying daughter around so not much work has been done. Really should pull my finger out.
    I hope the latter sentence is nothing to do with the first...
    I should phrase things more carefully round these parts. :oops: