Monchique monday

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Off to a birthday lunch in monchique today :D

Slater.
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Lovely, have a great time. I trust that you are riding up there!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Meh, I might get some chicken.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I was wondering who this Monique was and if there would be pictures of her norks. I then read the title properly and was disappointed.
    Managed to wobble into work this morning. I was going to anyway, but any doubts due to weather were put to one side when I heard on the radio the main road was shut right by my work. Traffic could have been worse, but unfortunately I think at least one family may have had a very bad start to the week. Lots of police taking pictures and measuring things. Quite sobering. But still idiots on their phones as they are trying to negotiate the road closure. My hopes for a quiet day in the office have been dashed, unsurprisingly. Working from home again for the next few days, back in here on Friday. Got a meeting for the scouts committee tonight. They may well discover they are going to be without a treasurer in a couple of months. I've served my time and the boy doesn't go to scouts any more.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    not enough sleep, gym, webex, out for brekkie, veg out until next call then some running around

the week yawns before me like a yawny thing
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Horrific morning, two teeth extracted while suffering from a cold. I don't do "being ill" too well apparently.

New bike with only pictures taken.

I have tooth implants to look forward to with a humongous rectum stretching bill to pay. I'm still not convinced about the process, failure rate or approach and further research is required and fully appreciate cost is no guarantee of success.

Working from home without the associated benefits of a decent shag as I'm infectious! My kind offer to take my wife from behind and to look away as not to breath on her was also turned down.

So I better stop posting drivel on here and get some appropriately large invoices agreed and submitted...
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    go abroad and get the implants done, two visits and as a plus you get two holidays, a friend did it 7-8 years ago, no problems at all

this is the one she used... http://www.goadentist.com/
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Let me know how the implants go Slowmart. I have been considering them for a while.

Work today me but despite icy back roads and a bit of snow, it all went rather smoothly. Soon i'll realise I missed something but until then I will pretend everything is fine.

HAPPY 60TH T47.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Slowmart wrote:
    Horrific morning, two teeth extracted while suffering from a cold. I don't do "being ill" too well apparently.
    I hope you don't wind up in the situation I'm in. The hole going through to my sinus is still there, the fact that it is very rare doesn't help me. Now that I have a cold the contents of the left sinuses are trickling slowly into my mouth through the aforementioned hole. Not happy.
  • veronese68
    Happy how many T47? Is Piña shouting because you're a bit mutton with old age?
    Happy birthday all the same, assuming you can hear me.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Happy 60th what?
    Creme egg?

If by chance it is your birthday, have a good 'un. :D
  • slowmart
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    I hope you don't wind up in the situation I'm in. The hole going through to my sinus is still there, the fact that it is very rare doesn't help me. Now that I have a cold the contents of the left sinuses are trickling slowly into my mouth through the aforementioned hole. Not happy.

I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything that can be done?

@Sungod, thanks for the suggestion but from early on in the process I settled on the decision to go local as its a trip down the road rather than a flight if things go pear shaped and I hope the legal remedies are more accessible here.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Happy 60th what?
    Creme egg?

Kraft have changed the recipe for the chocolate and sales have dropped off...

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    Slowmart wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Moaned about a hole.

Wait 6 weeks to see if it heals on it's own, otherwise surgery. I can't help thinking that with green stuff tricking through it the chances of healing over are slim. :roll:
  • slowmart
    team47b wrote:
    Off to a birthday lunch in monchique today :D

Slater.

59097168.jpg

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Moaned about a hole.

Wait 6 weeks to see if it heals on it's own, otherwise surgery. I can't help thinking that with green stuff tricking through it the chances of healing over are slim. :roll:

So that was a consequence of having a tooth out, it revealed a hole in your sinus?

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    Slowmart wrote:
    So that was a consequence of having a tooth out, it revealed a hole in your sinus?
    Upper teeth poke into the sinus area anyway. When the tooth is pulled there is usually a barrier between the two, apparently this can be broken although it is rare. My dentist said he has never seen it before, which isn't very reassuring when I'm the rare person that has it. Sorry, shouldn't have mentioned it. :oops:
  • pinno
    Come up to Scotland and get yourself some proper lurgy. Then it won't trickle down the hole as it will be too thick. I can send you some stuff in a test tube. Don't worry, it's mine so you won't have to worry about who the 'father' is.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Saturday, endured an hour on the bike in howling wind and driving rain. Spotted some logs.

Sunday, endured half an hour in howling wind and driving rain filling the back of my Navara with said logs.

Don't you like chronological order?
    I think time dictates the order in this case. He couldn't exactly spot the logs on Sunday and then pick them up the day before. I don't think time travel is possible. I'd say not yet, but, if it is invented in 2,000 years it would be possible now as the time traveller would just have to come back to now to make it possible now.

No, you're just a plonker holding the wrong end of the stick.

I was referring to posting in the Thursday thread on Monday for occurrences on a Saturday and Sunday. Pretty mixed up, don't you think?
    No, it follows on the wood burner topic. As is often the case this thread has veered wildly off topic and is now about old boilers and wood burners, not just Thursday shenanigans. I was being deliberately obtuse just for the hell of it. So less of a plonker and more of a smartarse tosser I'd say. I'd have used a word that rhymes with anchor but it probably gets blocked.
  • pinno
    ***DOUBLE POST ALERT******DOUBLE POST ALERT******DOUBLE POST ALERT******DOUBLE POST ALERT***

You still haven't taken up the free green snot offer, whatever's wrong with you?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    edited February 2016

Not my birthday :D

Drank a beer or two.

Also Went up to Foia climbed to the top, took photos of the cake for Pinno, then back down, really fast descent (but then I was in a car) sent the old boy home, cracked open the vinho tinto, seemed only polite to carry on his birthday celebration for him :D

Saude.

DSC04141.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Slowmart wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Happy 60th what?
    Creme egg?

Kraft have changed the recipe for the chocolate and sales have dropped off...

They have fcuked it over completely.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-dri ... -trashed0/
  • slowmart
    Yep, run by accountants for shareholder return which is about as far away as possible from the ethos and ethics of the founders.

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    Yep, run by accountants for shareholder return which is about as far away as possible from the ethos and ethics of the founders.

Bournville - The first example of credible HRM. Not many other examples to date.

McVities is now owned by the Turks. UK PLC - highest bidder wins.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Happy not birthday T47.

Long day with pedalling at either end. Tomorrow is minion hunting again which wil, at least keep me away from idiots who are trying to waste my time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Happy not birthday T47.

Long day with pedalling at either end. Tomorrow is minion hunting again which wil, at least keep me away from idiots who are trying to waste my time.

Don't employ the minion called Norbert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bpkOHVoX8I
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Happy not birthday T47.

Don't employ the minion called Norbert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bpkOHVoX8I
    No problem, it will be a temporary minion so I can chuck 'em in the dumpster when I've finished with them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]