Wheel set upgrade Voodoo Hoodoo

desert54
desert54 Posts: 5
edited February 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I’m looking to upgrade my wheels and tyres on my 2013/14 Voodoo Hoodoo. Having read a few other posts on here it seems that this is one of the 1st upgrades that will improve the feel and weight of the bike. I’m based in Somerset and mainly use the Droves and tracks on the Levels, these are mostly flat with a mix of dirt, hard core and gravel. I also do a bit of forest trail but nothing too extreme. My rides are generally 20-30K. I have a budget of about £200 but could save up if you think spending a bit more is really worth it. Your advice would be much appreciated.posting.php?f=20005&mode=post&sid=3befb25b64f7c7775cd1f18936352f02#

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Hoodoo is a very evenly specced bike - this makes it expensive to see meaningful upgrades. Your best bet is to weigh the wheels first and see what they compare to.
  • Thank you, I’ll do that.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The wheels on the hoodoo are Formulas, also used on many Carrera's (when they were 26"), Boardmans etc, the last set I weighed were 2.1Kg which is not bad.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.