Anyone reported London bus drivers?

pmorgan1
pmorgan1 Posts: 173
edited February 2016 in Commuting chat
Fellas, what's the best way to report dangerous driving? Ideally, avoiding the unions and other red tape: strike two and you are out style. That driver clearly falls short of the requirements of the bus driver job.

I've got his bus and his face on the camera, and I'm sure they have a recording of the bus front camera.

PS I commute on arguably the hairiest London roads, and can distinguish plain bad driving and driving that creates real danger to someone's life.

[edited]

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    pmorgan1 wrote:
    Fellas, what's the best way to report aggressive bus drivers? Ideally, avoiding the unions and other red tape: strike two and you are out style. That driver clearly falls short of the requirements of the bus driver job.

I've got his bus and his face on the camera, and I'm sure they have a recording of the bus front camera.

I'd assume you cannot report a bus driver in a way that skips their review processes.
    If it's dangerous then report to the police?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • When I have reported bus drivers, or other commercial van drivers to the companies they work for the first thing I get asked is "Have you reported it to the police?"

I assume this may have some bearing on how they treat the complaint.
    Having a reference number may give weight to the complaint.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Yes, although you really need to find out who operates the bus (route).

I initially made a complaint to TFL regarding a certain number bus and they directed me to Abelio. Abelio replied basically saying that they would sit down with the driver and re-educate him.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    edited February 2016
    I nearly got right-hooked by a knuckle-dragger bus driver at Deals Gateway in Greenwich (viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12717825&hilit=deals&start=20) about a year ago as I was crossing on a green light. I had to swerve and bus driver stopped and shouted obscenities at me out of the window. I turned around and followed him to the next stop where I asked him why he was swearing at me and pointing out I was going straight on on a green light so had right of way and as a bus driver he really should know the junction. He told me to eff off and that it was no wonder cyclists get killed as they deserved it then gave me the *anker gesture when I took a photo to get the reg/bus number. Reported to TfL who passed me on to the bus company, sent the photo with gesture clearly on it, told they'd look at it, then heard nothing. Followed up a month later and got a reply that they had found no fault with the driver :roll:

IMG_20150506_083432.jpg
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • I've done it a couple of times, you just get fobbed off and I don't believe anything actually gets done. Just remember the bus drivers are the ones too thick to be uber drivers.

Oddly when I always report buses blocking CS7 where its not a bus lane means I always get a call back from TfL to apologise by someone I never quite trust could spell 'bus' or tell me what colour they normally are.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • pmorgan1
    pmorgan1 Posts: 173
    I nearly got right-hooked by a knuckle-dragger bus driver at Deals Gateway in Greenwich (viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12717825&hilit=deals&start=20) about a year ago as I was crossing on a green light. I had to swerve and bus driver stopped and shouted obscenities at me out of the window. I turned around and followed him to the next stop where I asked him why he was swearing at me and pointing out I was going straight on on a green light so had right of way and as a bus driver he really should know the junction. He told me to eff off and that it was no wonder cyclists get killed as they deserved it then gave me the *anker gesture when I took a photo to get the reg/bus number. Reported to TfL who passed me on to the bus company, sent the photo with gesture clearly on it, told they'd look at it, then heard nothing. Followed up a month later and got a reply that they had found no fault with the driver :roll:

IMG_20150506_083432.jpg

Sorry to hear about this. How do unions still survive in this country?
  • Don't think it's unions, more p**-poor customer service who couldn't be arsed following up.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • One day things will get out of hand and someone is going to drag a bus driver out his bus and give him a good shoeing.

It's not nice being reported, but if it makes them think twice in the future and stops someone getting hit by their bus then everyone is a winner.

To make this work things need to get followed up when reported!

Oh who am I kidding? It's never going to happen.
    Nothing apart from some vigilante action, and by then it's all over.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Meh; if they get ar$ey, just pull the emergency engine stop button at the back of the bus.
  • Ed F
    Ed F Posts: 79
    I got rear-ended by an off-duty bus driver at the pedestrian crossing on Millbank right next to the Houses of Parliament a couple of years ago. I stopped at the crossing to let a copper cross. I couldn't understand the look of horror on his face as I did so until I felt the impact of the bus ploughing into my back wheel throwing me into the air. Amazingly I got away with a bruised knees and a knackered rear wheel, but there was no shortage of evidence to prosecute the driver - from myself, the copper, the HoP CCTV and the bus's own CCTV.

So it was pretty disappointing to hear that the driver ended up with 3 points on his licence and a £135 fine after a guilty plea at the magistrates court.
  • Ed F wrote:
    I got rear-ended by an off-duty bus driver at the pedestrian crossing on Millbank right next to the Houses of Parliament a couple of years ago. I stopped at the crossing to let a copper cross. I couldn't understand the look of horror on his face as I did so until I felt the impact of the bus ploughing into my back wheel throwing me into the air. Amazingly I got away with a bruised knees and a knackered rear wheel, but there was no shortage of evidence to prosecute the driver - from myself, the copper, the HoP CCTV and the bus's own CCTV.

So it was pretty disappointing to hear that the driver ended up with 3 points on his licence and a £135 fine after a guilty plea at the magistrates court.

That sounds an even more crazy ruling than that recent case that went viral (involving a hire car, nobody admiring to driving at time, bike cam footage)!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo