Friday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2016 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

TFI Friday! It's been a long week with not much happening.

I still haven't got the bolt off. Even maul grips seem to have little effect! It's getting to the point where I'm wondering if it's actually meant to come off at all! Some warmer weather would definitely help I think.

No minion until retard minion comes in at 2, it should be quite nice as long as it's not busy. I'll just get on with some soldering and listen to some music.

After work, I'll head over to Bury. The old man's out of hospital now, so that should be good to see.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning all,
    In the office today which is a nice change believe it or not. Bit chilly out, but absolutely glorious. Sunny, with a fairly hard frost like a proper winter's day. Managed to wobble in, rather slowly though as I'm really out of practice. Now got lots of enquiries to deal with that were too complicated for others to deal with it would seem. Tea has been drunk and I should probably change out of my cycling clobber. Unfortunately can't make the cafe today as I'm bunking of early for the EPO's birthday. I will get a dog roll delivered though.
    Have a good one.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, cracking start to the day blew my nose an ended up with a nose bleed from both nostrils, was asked to come back into work today as I was needed, thus far ive been in 45 minutes and acquired a yogurt but yet to do any form of work, namely as I have no work today.
    So decided to spend the day doing maths on cost vs weight of an XC bike instead. Suppose least ill look busy.
  • Morning Mongs,

Still playing with tyre choice for the epic Cymru this year, love my Onza tyres so grippy, but I feel a bit draggy for 5 days riding. So many options with people who have massively differing opinions..

In other news is it bed time yet?
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, cracking start to the day blew my nose an ended up with a nose bleed from both nostrils
    At least you can blow your nose. I still have a hole from where my tooth was pulled linking my mouth with my sinus. So I've been told I mustn't blow. If I do I get a mouth full of snot and it hurts like fook. I'm going back to the dentist in 6 weeks to see if it's healed, if not I have to be referred for surgery.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, cracking start to the day blew my nose an ended up with a nose bleed from both nostrils
    At least you can blow your nose. I still have a hole from where my tooth was pulled linking my mouth with my sinus. So I've been told I mustn't blow. If I do I get a mouth full of snot and it hurts like fook. I'm going back to the dentist in 6 weeks to see if it's healed, if not I have to be referred for surgery.
    I guess these things become more common as you age...

Managed to walk the hound now its time for family half term stuff. Likely to involve being Dads taxi :roll: at least that will be easy on my knackered back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    More house based stuff this morning, then Into town for a nice lunch with wine

Managed my first run in ages and found some really good tracks behind the house - can't wait to pick up my mountain bikes :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Sounds like when I had it cauterised, got a cold just after an was told do not blow it but the pain was so intense you just prayed for those moment your sinus clears for a few seconds, like when you lay on one side thats clear an it flows arcoss hitting that sweet pain free spot you can breath an it doesnt hurt.

I do have the urge though to sneeze an turn my desk into a horror scene then apologise an go home.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola noobs,

Been driving and doing ski chalet related blah today! Thinking about going up tomorrow for a ski, just need some socks to go over my cast to hopefully keep my fingers warm!

Really hoping all the european half terms have finished as this place has been far too busy these last couple of weeks!

Toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Moaning and groaning
    :lol: But I'll always be younger than you. :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Moaning and groaning
    :lol: But I'll always be younger than you. :mrgreen:
    Chronologically, yes :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Evening all,

well got soaked through twice today.

But it was worth it, got a job working with a legend for a worldwide legendary company who told me that he was majorly impressed with my Electronics background and the job is going to be doing something that I WILL actually enjoy very much.
  • TKM get a blow torch on it or weld another bolt on to it, it really can't be that stuck can it?

I've had my fair share of sheared bolts and they are a royal PITA, but you have room to grip it.

Hope you don't have to drill it though.
  • I have used some Bahco large water pump pliers before with some steel piping on one the handles for more leverage.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Evening,
    Day off work so spent it playing on the beach, throwing rocks in the sea and eating fish and chips. Would have been better if it was a nice warm sunny day rather than freezing cold and windy but hey, it was good fun.
    This evening was spent prepping my bike for a cx event tomorrow night, 40k night ride round Kielder. It's a long time since I've done any maintenance of that bike even though I ride it to work most days, is a little worrying to see how work the gears are but it'll do.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • TKM get a blow torch on it or weld another bolt on to it, it really can't be that stuck can it?

I've had my fair share of sheared bolts and they are a royal PITA, but you have room to grip it.

Hope you don't have to drill it though.
    The motorbike bloke I rang, and others that I've spoken to online, have said not to use a blowtorch, as there is too much fuel in that area for things to go wrong very quickly.

There really is very little room to move. I've got some smaller vice grips on the way, hopefully they'll have more room to manouvre around. I've had sheered bolts before too, I've never known one like this though. It's pretty much corroded so badly, that it's become one with the manifold.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Yeah I agree with them completely. But sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. To me it sounds like one of them times.

Understand room is tight, but you have two options.

Try to do in in situ way harder and I don't think smaller vice grips will do the job.

Or strip the front end and tease the bolt out.

Think stripping the front end will be the quickest and easiest way in the long run. With enough force/leverage it will free its self.