Friday Fryday last day first day

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Anyday

Off to Cirenchester in a moment, bout it really. Just need to walk the hounds first
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Just catching up on some work related reading - bloody well smart stuff. You know when you intend to browse something and an hour later you're still glued to it and your coffee has gone cold? One of those.

Apart from that, going to go and do a weights session, pile bambini into the car, get some degreaser then head out in to the cold but gloriously sunny day.

TDLO has also continued contact. This could prove distracting.

Have a great one

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Just had some cardboard for breakfst so no meat for me.

The boss is booked out for a few hours having her fingers fettled so if it isn't hammering down I may go for a spin.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Day off today so a bit of family half term stuff to do now the dog has been walked. I think its time for coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    In the office today for a fun filled Friday. No cafe for me today as I'm bunking off early because it's the EPO's birthday. I did tell her she's had too many of them and I might have to trade her in for a new model. Or perhaps I didn't because I'm not that brave. Beautiful ride in the sunshine this morning, very pretty in the park with low sun and a hard frost. Bit slippy in places though. I'm getting desperately unfit from a distinct lack of riding recently though. Must get out more. I like it when it's like this but wet and windy just does my head in.
    onwards and upwards.
  • Morning all, suggestion of a hangover after curry, beers and whisky with the BR team.

I feel your pain V68 with a lack of riding! Time to pull one's finger out I think...

Laters.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • Please can someone find me an s-works disc frameset at retail minus £1000?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Flâneur wrote:
    Anyday

Off to Cirenchester in a moment, bout it really. Just need to walk the hounds first

Ooooh. Go to the bakery/coffee shop next to the dry cleaners*. Fantastic pastries. You can smell the place a mile off.

*Might be a pound shop now :roll:

Morning.

F*cking weather. Loathed to go on the rollers, I want real cycling.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Man up then...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Loathed to go on the roadie, I want real cycling.
    My feelings exactly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • BBC weather says rain at 12 here, its 26 minutes past and still dry. Fingers crossed...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Please can someone find me an s-works disc frameset at retail minus £1000?

it seemed appropriate after my bike fit to collect my bike a day early..........and I have just phoned the shop to enquire only to be informed no tock of last years model.

Looks like retail and a 2016 frame or a cheap one like mine :D
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Hammering it down here, looks set for the weekend too. Might be a bit lighter rain on Sunday so I'm going to go out on the mountain bike at Innerleithen I think, my planned 100km on the road bike will be miserable in this weather. Mrs' friends are arriving at 6pm for the weekend so I'm probably going get drunk and hope I don't have to join in too much. Going to Edinburgh tomorrow so I'm going to have to try extra specially hard not to blow thousands of pounds in guitar shops...

On the plus side I'm about to go to the pub for lunch with my colleagues
  • veronese68
    BBC weather says rain at 12 here, its 26 minutes past and still dry. Fingers crossed...
    Supposed to be raining for my ride home. But as I'm bunking off at 4.30 it won't be dark at least.
  • Still dry, home time is T minus 58 minutes...

Oh, and I've (I say I when I really mean some guy in Heathrow) found the kindle MrsHD lost on the flight from Denver to LHR last week.

Brownie points ahoy!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Man up then...

You had better tell my immune system to man up as well.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I did 45 miles this morning before work! does that make me a man? or just more manly than Pinno?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I did 45 miles this morning before work! does that make me a man? or just more manly than Pinno?
    I managed that this morning by taking the dog round the block for a crap.
  • chris_bass
    that's a big block!
  • Stevo_666
    Chris Bass wrote:
    that's a big block!
    Doh. Being more manly than Pinno, not doing 45 miles.
  • veronese68
    Still dry, home time is T minus 58 minutes...
    T minus 30 minutes and it's raining, wind has picked up too.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Has he got diarrhoea?
  • pinno
    I decided to go out and get properly wet. So I went swimming. It's not a real substitute of you're gagging for a bike ride.

Has anyone seen Flan? Must have found the pastry shop...
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    He'll be under a thumb somewhere by now.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I don't know why a seemingly well off, well travelled bloke isn't in his element. Single, 30 something, dates galore.

What's he doing wrong? What I mean is that when it's all said and done, the gloves are on a hook somewhere forgotten, my only regret may be not shagging enough. That's it, nothing else. Not how many miles I could have done or how much money I could have earnt or should we have had a 3rd child.
  • chris_bass
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    that's a big block!
    Doh. Being more manly than Pinno, not doing 45 miles.

ah!! that would make more sense! :D
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Or in a ditch with beak marks in his head.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Has he got diarrhoea?
    He needs a walk to 'get it out' and I prefer it if he doesn't crap in the garden.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I manned up and ran this morning - first time in ages so slow - but in shorts and t-shirt because I'm a man :)

Today's planned lunch with wine in Shrewsbury worked out well as we bumped into my parents who treated us to lunch and spoiled the kids

Loving this using a bus to get around as post wine and parents we nipped into a nice bar, now on the bus home which stops outside our new local.........
  • pinno