Big cheers for light evenings

earth
earth Posts: 934
edited February 2016 in Commuting general
I've got through another winter alive and it's no longer dark when I ride home.

Hallelujah.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I had to bloody walk it tonight, was held up! Well by late afternoon pint, so I should have walked anyway lol.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Yeah it was great tonight leaving in the light, didn't really get dark until I'd got a good half way back either. I can't wait for the summer.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yup, just got to the point where I don't have to use lights at all (but still am).....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I'm in another one of my purchase dilemmas, because if I start using my Wazoo for commuting by bike for the first time since last October, I will need lights for the next few weeks due to early start.

The Magicshine MJ902 light set is reduced to ~£65 this weekend at PX, which is brighter than the MJ900 (£40) and comes with a rear light plus a remote button.

But part of me thinks, stick to my plan of commuting once I don't need lights in the morning, hold off on a light purchase and wait until autmn... Light tech and prices could move on in the space of ~8 months!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • It's great isn't it. Although with commuting I find the fact it's lighter in the morning more beneficial, especially with regards to motivation.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I'm in another one of my purchase dilemmas, because if I start using my Wazoo for commuting by bike for the first time since last October, I will need lights for the next few weeks due to early start.

The Magicshine MJ902 light set is reduced to ~£65 this weekend at PX, which is brighter than the MJ900 (£40) and comes with a rear light plus a remote button.

But part of me thinks, stick to my plan of commuting once I don't need lights in the morning, hold off on a light purchase and wait until autmn... Light tech and prices could move on in the space of ~8 months!

I'd get them now, they won't be on offer in the Autumn.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017