Thursday?

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,249
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
I think it's Thursday but I'm too busy to start a thread. Can someone else have a go? I'll be along later.

Comments

• Curry and beer tonight.

Busy here too.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    In Holland for a few days. Froze my nuts off when we took the boys and dog to the beach for a walk. Warmed up over a cheeky beer and chips.

And I am the birthday boy today.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Well, as you already - day of decision making and decision made methinks: thanks again to all.

Then, after 7 months, TDLO makes contact out of the blue and before we know it its edging too close to her moving 500 miles closer to here.

Didn't see that one coming ........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good house doing stuff day, 7 boxes of starter wood for the fire was made out of the Scandinavian wood in one of the bedrooms - now only 500 headless nails to remove

No pub tonight as the kids are knackered after having friends over for the day, so home bar time
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Ciao, went to John lewis with the Date, she bought a load of plates n stuff I had no care for.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    In Holland for a few days. Froze my nuts off when we took the boys and dog to the beach for a walk. Warmed up over a cheeky beer and chips.

Happy Birthday Kingstonian. Feeling old?

My trip to Wales has been scotched by a combination of a pulled muscle or something else painful in my back and dodgy weather. At least I'm off work tomorrow and can do some family shizzle while its still half term.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    Good house doing stuff day, 7 boxes of starter wood for the fire was made out of the Scandinavian wood in one of the bedrooms - now only 500 headless nails to remove

No pub tonight as the kids are knackered after having friends over for the day, so home bar time

No need to take the nails out - I use pallet in the wood burning stove with the nails let in and take the nails out when I sweep the ashes out.

Pallet is great because a) it's free B) it burns ridiculously hot and therefore chucks out loads of heat c) it's free d) it annoys TDV

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:
    Ciao, went to John lewis with the Date, she bought a load of plates n stuff I had no care for.

Does this mean she's moving in?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    I'm moving out
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    edited February 2016
    You're moving out and she's moving in?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Just been for a run, WTaF???
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    My trip to Wales has been scotched by a combination of a pulled muscle or something else painful in my back and dodgy weather. At least I'm off work tomorrow and can do some family shizzle while its still half term.
    You'll have to get used to your body falling apart at your age. :lol:
  • veronese68
    Evening all,
    No beer and curry for me tonight. Need a rest after 2 nights on it. Working at home has been interspersed with a variety of outings so I should do a bit more this eveningif I can be arsed.
    Happy birthday Kingstonian. What sort of dog? I'll work out who you are eventually. Running HD? I tried that the other night, didn't like it. Fluffer's life as he knows it is over. Plate shopping is only the beginning.
    Friday tomorrow and in the office. It's the EPO's birthday so I may have to leave early, this could jeopardise the fry up.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Flâneur wrote:

Domestic shopping together, WTF :shock:

At least you remain agnostic toward the chattels of domestic life so you haven't lost you soul yet. Maybe your bollocks as you went shopping together..... :shock:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bah.

Took Toots 2 to the fracture clinic 77 miles away after shifting work around and postponing stuff. Long queue. Waited 25 mins before the nurse handed me a green card and tried to send me to the x-ray dept. and I said "Is this really necessary - exposing her to more radiation?". I'll go ask the Doctor was her reply. 1 hour later, we were lead into the Doctor's room and the Doc moaned that he didn't have an x-ray to compare. FFS. What a lack of communication.
    Tomorrow pedalling. Hope the weather doesn't piddle on those chips.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • kingstonian
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Happy Birthday Kingstonian. Feeling old?

Thank you.

I feel strangely the same as yesterday, which is younger than I really am.
  • kingstonian
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening all,
    No beer and curry for me tonight. Need a rest after 2 nights on it. Working at home has been interspersed with a variety of outings so I should do a bit more this eveningif I can be arsed.
    Happy birthday Kingstonian. What sort of dog? I'll work out who you are eventually. Running HD? I tried that the other night, didn't like it. Fluffer's life as he knows it is over. Plate shopping is only the beginning.
    Friday tomorrow and in the office. It's the EPO's birthday so I may have to leave early, this could jeopardise the fry up.

The dog is a black and white Cockapoo, daft as a brush so he fits into our family just fine.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You'll have to get used to your body falling apart at your age. :lol:
    I've learnt well, Yoda :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    The lyrics of 'Young Guns' that I posted a link to not long ago seem all the more relevant now :twisted:
  • Stevo_666

The dog is a black and white Cockapoo, daft as a brush so he fits into our family just fine.
    Sounds eerily familiar...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TLW1 wrote:

No need to take the nails out - I use pallet in the wood burning stove with the nails let in and take the nails out when I sweep the ashes out.

Pallet is great because a) it's free B) it burns ridiculously hot and therefore chucks out loads of heat c) it's free d) it annoys TDV

They're still in the ceilling :(
  • pinno
    Nails can break glass when they go crackle, bang and pop out.

There is a massive heat differential between the metal and the wood.
    I used to go around gathering pallets, chainsawing them up and burning them. You could easily burn 3 a day. Too much hassle. Too much sharpening the chainsaw when you hit buried nails. PITA constantly feeding the wood burner. Only good for kindling.
  • Flâneur
    edited February 2016
    You're moving out and she's moving in?

yep, nah just moving to another location n renting out our own places
    @slow I was there to drive, the free lunch and the heavy lifting
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Bloody hell, not another one. There are two others, also owned by people that are on BR, within spitting distance of me. Plus Stevo's over in the badlands of Bromley. Does that mean I'll have to get one?
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Bloody hell, not another one. There are two others, also owned by people that are on BR, within spitting distance of me. Plus Stevo's over in the badlands of Bromley. Does that mean I'll have to get one?

Will it prompt your daughter to go out and walk the dog?
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Will it prompt your daughter to go out and walk the dog?
    If I thought it would I'd get one tomorrow. New bicycle bought for her birthday in December hasn't turned a wheel yet.
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

They're still in the ceilling :(

Hmmmm - I suppose burning them out may be a tad drastic then .........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Nails can break glass when they go crackle, bang and pop out.

There is a massive heat differential between the metal and the wood.
    I used to go around gathering pallets, chainsawing them up and burning them. You could easily burn 3 a day. Too much hassle. Too much sharpening the chainsaw when you hit buried nails. PITA constantly feeding the wood burner. Only good for kindling.

Never had a problems with razor sharp balls of red not nail flying around really.

No idea how much we burn: once it's all cut up it goes in the wood storage bin, bring in a big red bucket every now and again and job jobbed.

TDV tried to get me to buy some wood the other day - she refused to believe that just because pallet was free that it was intrinsically better .......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • We get through a fair amount of wood over winter but I only burn logs as they look pretty at the fire side.

I have a steady stream of pallets so the odd damaged one goes for kindling and I've probably got about three or four years worth of seasoned logs in our works yard.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    I have a steady stream of pallets so the odd damaged one goes for kindling and I've probably got about three or four years worth of seasoned logs in our works yard.

That's ideal. The max seasoning I can get softwood here is about 12 months which by Scandinavian standards is poor. Too much damp resin and it clogs the chimney.
    ...but it's all about space. If I could I would have a dedicated wood shed where I could store it for a length of time.
    I go through 9 loads of softwood per winter. I can fit 3 on the van at a time and only 4 in the double garage. So I would need at least triple the space. However, the place is going to be gutted and re-insulated and I am going to possibly combine it with some solar panels as our woodburner is a wet back and heats the water.
    With the subsidy of solar and better insulation, it will cut the usage of wood down, to what level of consumption, remains to be seen.
    Ash is eye wateringly expensive, unfortunately.