Osprey Raptor 14

Rookie1986
Rookie1986 Posts: 153
edited February 2016 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know what's happening with the Osprey Raptor 14? All my local shops, most online retailers and even Osprey them selves are out-of-stock, are we expecting this to be replaced with a 2016 model as I could do with grabbing a new pack for the coming season?

Cheers guys :)

Comments

• I decided to contact Osprey directly to see if they would say anything;

"Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry. We actually have a new version of the Raptor coming out in March with our brand new reservoir which is why it is out of stock in most places. If you want to be notified when the new Raptor is released you can sign up for our newsletter, please visit www.ospreyeurope.com and enter your email in the box in the top right hand corner.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply or visit www.ospreyeurope.com for any general questions.

Kind regards,

Rob Taylor
    Web Customer Service"

So I guess we're going to see a revised version from next month :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    What the hell is an Osprey Raptor 14?
  • Hi All

I bought one before xmas I think it was off JE James's they had them discounted and it's seems to be a good bit of kit, very combatable, I like the way the drinks bladder comes in and out and the bite valve is one of the first ones that doesn't drip all over me, loads of room in it and the nice touch of the tool roll works well, so overall well pleased with it :D
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I got a Chinese branded copy from eBay for about £16 - fantastic quality and effectively the same thing as the Osprey.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FishFish wrote:
    I got a Chinese branded copy from eBay for about £16 - fantastic quality and effectively the same thing as the Osprey.

Have you got a link to it please ?
  • iwilldoit wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Have you got a link to it please ?

+1 - Wouldn't mind having a look at it if its almost like-for-like as £16 is a bargain!!
  • FishFish
    OK look up totop.com and go for the hiking eqpt tab - it was 16 US actually so more like £12.

• A proper website please.
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • Can highly recommend the Raptor 14. There are still a few around. Got one a few weeks ago. Perfect size and hydration pack actually seems to work properly. The magnet to hold the tube in place is an excellent little touch, as is the tool roll.
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw
  • A proper website please.

+1 - I was expecting eBay
    Can highly recommend the Raptor 14. There are still a few around. Got one a few weeks ago. Perfect size and hydration pack actually seems to work properly. The magnet to hold the tube in place is an excellent little touch, as is the tool roll.

I'm going to see what this £16 one that's the same as the Osprey is like (if FishFish provides us a link) but if it doesn't look up-to-scratch I think I'll be getting the 2016 revision of the Raptor when Osprey release it next month.

Out of quriosity how does the pack feel after longer rides? Does it start to dig in around the shoulders or cause unwanted pressure on the lower back?
  • No problems at all with digging in on the shoulders. All the straps have good adjustability so can get pretty comfortable. You obviously know it's there if you fill the 3 litre reservoir but no issues with discomfort so far.
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw
  • As for comfort a friend asked me the other day how comfortable the pack is, which I thought it's ok but afterwards I thought well to be honest I don't ever really notice it, I only ever carry around half to three quarters of a litre of water, tube, multi tool, mini pump & co2 inflator, pair of tyre levers etc so it must be very comfortable.

Plenty of storage even found a pocket yesterday that I didn't know was there, only had it nearly 2 months :)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just been in my new (opened today) Evans and they have the Raptor 10 if that is any use.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • FishFish
    A proper website please.

...that would be www.tomtop.com - look under camping then backpacks.