Annual can't believe it's Rebellin

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited February 2016 in Pro race
44 now and 45 this year and still floating along in the front group. Climbing with Nibali and Bardet at Oman. Beat Nibali last year after 5 hours plus of racing.

Look back at his 2015 season it is impressive.

I think he is going to make the big 5 0 as a pro !!

Comments

• Someone just take him out

Just do it
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Bit like Horner, what should be a good story is tainted because of his past, but it's no different to Valverde or Contador etc, is it?
    Surely we don't think he's any more likely to be doping now then any of the peloton or is it just that he's still seeing benefits of previous dabbling?
  • inseine wrote:
    Bit like Horner, what should be a good story is tainted because of his past, but it's no different to Valverde or Contador etc, is it?
    Surely we don't think he's any more likely to be doping now then any of the peloton or is it just that he's still seeing benefits of previous dabbling?

Yeah, well, I'm not exactly President of Senor Hair Plugs Fan Club, for one

and Rebellin's 'poor me, I'm so hard done by' act, just adds to it

As for the doping, sure, he could be microdosing (as could any of them) and hasnt pinged the ABP levels enough to make a cast-iron case. And I'm someone who feels there's a likelihood that eventually a strong-enough scientific case may be made to support the view that dopers carry an advantage that lasts long after they have 'stopped'. And its going to take something like that for the lawyers to allow lifetime bans for 1st offences to be incorporated into the WADA Code.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    inseine wrote:

Yeah, well, I'm not exactly President of Senor Hair Plugs Fan Club, for one

and Rebellin's 'poor me, I'm so hard done by' act, just adds to it

As for the doping, sure, he could be microdosing (as could any of them) and hasnt pinged the ABP levels enough to make a cast-iron case. And I'm someone who feels there's a likelihood that eventually a strong-enough scientific case may be made to support the view that dopers carry an advantage that lasts long after they have 'stopped'. And its going to take something like that for the lawyers to allow lifetime bans for 1st offences to be incorporated into the WADA Code.

Agree with all that. If we could know for sure someone had doped I'd be happy to support a life time ban for a first offence. Until then I guess we have to treat everyone equally (but it'd be no fun if there weren't some personal prejudices!).
  • Don't know enough about how the Bio-passport works and whether age makes a difference, but wonder if it could be the case that as you get older you can actually get away with more low-level dosing that takes you back up to 'normal' levels, when in reality at age 45 your levels would naturally have declined?